How to start a FaceTime call with someone using Android or Windows devices
A FaceTime call can be accessed using a link, as long as the person scheduling or initiating the call has an Apple device and an Apple account.
If you’re an Apple user and you’ve downloaded iOS 15, here’s how to start a FaceTime call with someone using an Android or Windows device:
1. Open the FaceTime app on your phone.
2. Click on Create Link.
3. A screen will slide up from the bottom containing the FaceTime link. You can click Add name to enter a name for your chat.
4. On the same screen, you will see options to share the link through text message, email, Twitter, calendar or other apps on your phone. Or you can copy and paste the link yourself.
5. To join the call yourself, tap the name of the chat you just created, then tap Join.
6. When an Android or Windows user clicks, they will be taken to the waiting room where you can allow them to join the call by clicking the check mark next to their name.
How to join a FaceTime call using Android or Windows
To join a FaceTime call on an Android or Windows device, all you need is the link that the person with the Apple device sent you. You don’t need to download a separate app. Here’s how to join a FaceTime call with a shared link.
1. Open the FaceTime link wherever it has been shared with you.
2. The link will open in your browser (you will need the latest version of Chrome or Edge). Enter your name, and click Continue.
3. A “Waiting to be granted access” message will appear on the screen until the person who invited you agrees to join the call.
Original news source website: 24 technology