The first big announcement of the soulless MWC 2021 comes from the hand of Qualcomm, and it is its new high-end chip. The Snapdragon 888 Plus 5G has a processor of up to 3 GHz and an improved artificial intelligence engine.
Based on the original Snapdragon 888, the Snapdragon 888 Plus improves the clock speed of its main core (from 2.84 to 2.995 GHz) and increases the performance of its artificial intelligence engine by 20% (from 26 to 32 teraoperations per second). The rest of the chip remains practically unchanged:
- CPU: Qualcomm Kryo 680 de hasta 3 GHz, 64 bits.
- GPU: Adreno-660.
- Motor IA: Hexagon 780, 32 TOPS.
- RF mode: Snapdragon X60 5G, 7.5 Gbps downstream, 3 Gbps upstream, 5G multi-SIM global.
- Wi-Fi: FastConnect 6900, Wi-Fi 6E, Wi-Fi 6, Wi-Fi 5, Wi-Fi 802.11/a/b/g/n.
- Photography: Spectra 580 ISP, triple camera up to 28 MP, dual camera up to 64 MP, single camera up to 200 MP. 720p video at 960 fps, 8K at 30 fps.
- Screen: 4K a 60 Hz, QHD + a 144 Hz.
- Technology node: 5 nm.
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.2, USB 3.1.
Honor, Asus, Motorola, Vivo and Xiaomi have been the first manufacturers to announce that their next phones will carry the new Snapdragon 888 Plus. The Honor Magic3 series, rumored for August this year, and the new Asus ROG Phone could be the first phones with Qualcomm’s new chip.