the night’s news

Nagorno-Karabakh: Armenia accuses Azerbaijan of having violated the new humanitarian truce. A week after a first cease-fire, concluded but never respected between the two parties, Yerevan and Baku negotiated on Saturday evening a cessation of hostilities which was supposed to come into force on Sunday, October 18, at midnight. But hours later, Armenia accused Azerbaijan of carrying out artillery and rocket fire, bring it back BBC. The resumption of fighting three weeks ago left hundreds of people dead. After a first failed ceasefire attempt under the aegis of Moscow, the conflict escalated again on Saturday. Azerbaijan has sworn to “revenge” the death of thirteen civilians, including children, having perished the previous night in a night bombardment of Gandja, the country’s second largest city.

For Iran, the embargo ofHIM-HER-IT on his arms is lifted. Tehran said on Sunday that restrictions on it expired on October 18, under the terms of the Iranian international nuclear agreement and Security Council resolution 2,231. “The Islamic Republic of Iran can therefore obtain the necessary weapons and equipment from any source without any legal restriction and only on the basis of its defensive needs”, specifies the text published by the Iranian government. The United States and Israel are strongly opposed to it. Moscow, on the other hand, confirmed in September its desire to develop its military cooperation with Tehran once the embargo was lifted. China is also making no secret of its intention to sell arms to Iran after October 18. The European troika (France, Germany, United Kingdom) is more reserved on the issue, note Al Jazeera. In a joint statement in July, the three most influential countries of theEU stated that while they are determined to fully implement Resolution 2,231 of the nuclear deal, they also consider the lifting of the arms embargo “Would have major implications for regional security and stability”.

United States: 2.2 million advertisements and 120,000 posts removed from Facebook and Instagram ahead of the presidential election. Facebook vice president Nick Clegg said in an interview on Sunday Sunday newspaper that this content had been removed because of a risk of an attempt to obstruct participation in the ballot. Facebook has been stepping up efforts for months not to repeat the trauma of 2016, when its network was used for massive voter manipulation operations, carried out from Russia, during the presidential elections in the United States and on Brexit in the Kingdom -United. Facebook has also changed its algorithm to reduce the visibility of some left-wing sites like Mother Jones, a magazine that noticed a sharp drop in its audiences in 2019, tell The Verge. Some social network officials felt that this change was necessary to offset an algorithm change in 2017 that would sharply reduce traffic to conservative sites.

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.