Published on : Modified :
Nearly 12 billion euros should be mobilized over 5 years to finally materialize the pharaonic project of the Great Green Wall. Traditional donors and several private actors have pledged to invest to restore 100 million hectares from Senegal to Djibouti. A weapon to counter the disastrous advance of the desert and to create jobs. This time, can we believe it?
– Ibrahim Thiaw, executive secretary of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification
– Abakar Mahamat Zougoulou, Scientific and Technical Director of the Pan-African Agency of the Great Green Wall
– Remi Hemerick, Managing Director of SOS Sahel who manages the platform of the actors of the Great Green Wall
– Karim Ait Talb, Deputy CEO of the Advens-Geocoton Group, co-founder of I’A M Africa, a fund dedicated to financing agroecology in Africa.
– Report in Senegal on the “Tolou Keur” project to restore land in Senegal in the village of Belvédère 40 km from Dakar.
Zoom on : the verdict of the “Affaire du siècle”, the French state soon condemned for climate inaction? With Marie Toussaint, founder of the “Affaire du siècle” and MEP EELV.