Prayut commended the results of the 38th and 39th ASEAN Summits and Related Summits. There are a total of 25 certificates from leaders. Congratulations Brunei. The meeting was successfully organized.
Today (October 28) at 3:30 p.m. at Phakdi Bordin Building Government House, General Prayut Chan-o-cha, Prime Minister and Minister of Defense attended the closing and handover ceremony of the ASEAN Chair Along with the leaders of ASEAN member countries, Mr. Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana, spokesman for the Prime Minister’s Office. Summarizes the key points of the ceremony as follows:
Closing and handover ceremony of the ASEAN Chairmanship His Majesty the King of Brunei has made closing remarks as ASEAN Chair and has handed over the position to the Cambodian Prime Minister who will chair ASEAN in 2022.
His Majesty the King of Brunei Discussed the discussions during the past three days that ASEAN is making progress together. in response to emerging disease situations and emergency situations including dealing with the mental health care of ASEAN people Lay a foundation for facing the future investment for youth and important human resource development. Wealth is also an important issue in the region. In which Cambodia, as the chairman of ASEAN in 2022, spoke of its vision that it is ready to lead ASEAN to accelerate the building of a strong, participatory community in line with the spirit of ASEAN. in the political Cambodia will focus on strengthening the centrality of ASEAN regional mechanism cooperation with outside and building immunity to ASEAN in terms of economy; Take advantage of the best trade deals, on the social side, will promote human capital. promote the role of women and youth, which on this occasion Cambodia’s Prime Minister wishes all ASEAN leaders success. and hope to see you in Cambodia at next year’s meeting
A spokesman for the Prime Minister’s Office summarized the 25 documents that the leaders have certified as follows:
38th and 39th ASEAN Summit
1. Bandar Seri Begawan Declaration on the Strategic and Holistic Initiative to Link ASEAN Responses to Emergencies and Disasters)
2. ASEAN Leaders’ Declaration on Upholding Multilateralism
3. ASEAN Leaders’ Declaration on the Blue Economy
4. The scope of authority of the High-Level Task Force on the ASEAN Community’s Post-2025 Vision.
5. Consolidated Strategy on the Fourth Industrial Revolution for ASEAN
6. ASEAN Leaders’ Statement on Advancing Digital Transformation in ASEAN
7. ASEAN Comprehensive Framework on Care Economy
8. ASEAN Joint Statement on Climate Change to the 26th Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate)
9. ASEAN Strategic Policy Framework on Promoting an Adaptive ASEAN Community of Greater Understanding, Tolerance and a Sense of Regional Agendas among Peoples of ASEAN)
10. Bandar Seri Begawan Declaration on the Importance of the Family for Community Development and Nation Building
11. ASEAN Declaration on the Promotion of Competitive Labor immunity and mobility for the future (ASEAN Declaration on Promoting Competitiveness, Resilience and Agility of Workers for the Future of Work).
12. ASEAN Leaders’ Declaration on the Reformulation and Production of Healthier Food and Beverage Options
13. Declaration on the Elimination of Bullying of Children in ASEAN
The 22nd ASEAN-Republic of Korea Summit
14. Joint Statement of the 22nd ASEAN-Republic of Korea Summit on Advancing ASEAN-Republic of Korea Cooperation
The 24th ASEAN-China Summit
15. ASEAN-China Joint Statement on Cooperation in Support of the ASEAN Comprehensive Recovery Framework
16. ASEAN-China Joint Declaration On Strengthening Cooperation for Sustainable Development and environmentally friendly (ASEAN-China Joint Statement on Strengthening Green and Sustainable Development)
The 9th ASEAN-US Summit
17. ASEAN-US Leaders’ Statement On Digital Development (ASEAN-US Leaders’ Statement on Digital Development)
24th ASEAN Plus Three Summit
18. ASEAN Plus Three Leaders’ Statement on Cooperation on Mental Health Amongst Adolescents and Young Children
The 16th East Asia Summit
19. East Asia Summit Leaders’ Statement on Sustainable and Green Recovery
20. East Asia Summit Leaders’ Statement on Economic Growth through Tourism Recovery
21. East Asia Summit Leaders’ Statement on Mental Health Cooperation
18th ASEAN-India Summit
22. ASEAN-India Joint Statement on Cooperation on the ASEAN Outlook on the Indo-Pacific (AOIP)
4th ASEAN-Russia Summit
23. Comprehensive Plan of Action (CPA) to implement the Association of Southeast Asian Nations and the Russian Federation Strategic Partnership (2021-2025))
24. ASEAN-Russia Statement: Building United Secure and Sustainable Region
25. Statement of ASEAN and the Russian Federation on Cooperation in the Field of Addressing and Countering the World Drug Problem
“The Prime Minister welcomes Brunei. as the chairman of ASEAN this year which can successfully hold the meeting amid the challenges of the world and in the region until the results of the meeting are concrete. ASEAN will be the key to solving problems between countries together, as well as Thailand ready to play an important role in ASEAN for mutual benefits in the region,” said Thanakorn.