In the city of Maturín, members of the same family, two adults and a 5-year-old child were seriously burned by an explosion caused by the mixture of flammable products that arose in their home located in the Boquerón parish of the state capital. Monagas.
The family was admitted to the Trauma Shock Unit of the Manuel Núñez Tovar University Hospital (Humnt), where they are treated by medical personnel, who are in a delicate state of health, being identified as Carlos Espinoza, 28, with burns. second and third grade by 60 percent of your body; Adriana Figueroa, 31, with 65 percent second-degree burns, and a 5-year-old boy, who has second and third degree burns on 95 percent of his body surface.
According to a preliminary report by experts from the entity’s Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) domestic service company, Gases de Maturín CA (Gasmaca), the event could be caused by the combination of an inappropriate installation of the gas pipeline in the housing, which caused a leak of the chemical, which had contact with another volatile product that is used to dilute paint in enamel, known as thinner.
The investigation determined that there was not a fire, but an explosion that caused the destruction of a large part of the structure of the house and left the members of this family from Monagas injured with burns.
Those involved in the event are cared for by qualified personnel from Plastic Surgery and other specialties of medicine, and who are guaranteed the supply of necessary medications to provide them with prompt and optimal care, as stated by the director of the main health center of Monagas, Darwin Moreno.
The doctor highlighted that recently the health center received a supply of medicines: “thank God and our governing bodies of government we have all the medicines that a patient with such serious injuries requires, (…) And our doctors are really making an effort so that the injured can recover ”, he added.
Moreno explained that the burned adults were confined in the Caumatology Room (special section for burns), while the child was confined in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.