a “legislative super Tuesday” is expected tomorrow, September 28 in Congress. The Chamber of Deputies and Deputies will face two projects of high relevance for public opinion, because the table to be voted on will be the projects of the fourth withdrawal of funds from the AFPs and the project to decriminalize abortion without grounds.
The parliamentary committees agreed on this order that considers the discussion of the abortion project in the morning hours (from 10:00). The deadline for speaking is until 11:00 on the same day, with speeches that will last up to five minutes per member of the parliament. It is expected that at 2:00 p.m. the voting is carried out.
Meanwhile, once the discussion and vote on the abortion project conclude, in the afternoon the project for the fourth retirement of pension funds will be fully entered into.
The Commission for the Constitution of the Chamber of Deputies and Deputies on Monday dispatched the project that allows a fourth withdrawal of 10% from pension funds after voting on each of the indications presented.
Tomorrow the text requires at least 93 votes to be approved, in a quorum of 3/5.
The fourth retirement text that reaches the Chamber room
Among the aspects analyzed during the present day, the rejection of the payment of taxes for those who earn more than $ 3.6 million and the withdrawal of 100% to be “invested in real estate or in a financial instrument“.
However, the aspects that refer to including pensioners for life annuities were declared admissible, plus the one referred to increasing the term to take effect with the withdrawal to two years.
The Constitution Commission dispatches the fourth withdrawal to the room and tomorrow, Tuesday, it will be voted in the room. It would be without taxes, in up to two years, the payment of all the debt for food pensions and the withdrawal of 100% for catastrophic illnesses is contemplated. @ 24HorasTVN pic.twitter.com/XznZQ4i21k
— Poirot Escovedo (@poirotes) September 27, 2021
Check the details of all the indications voted on this Monday, added to those that were already agreed on on September 22:
- Lets r100% of pension funds in the case of people with catastrophic illnesses with a maximum cap of 1,350 UF
- But 730 days (two years) as a maximum period to withdraw the money
- Pensioners by annuities can advance up to 10% of the technical reserve funds, with a maximum amount of 150 UF. It will be paid by discounting pro rata in future installments in the insurance company
- In the event that AFP fails to comply with the obligation to deliver withheld funds requested for alimony debts within the term, it will be sanctioned by the Superintendence of Pensions with fines of up to 15,000 UF
- Withdrawal payment It will be from the tenth day from the withdrawal request and within a maximum period of 15 business days
- It allows the family judge to request the payment of the entire maintenance debt with the funds of the AFPs even if it exceeds 10%
4th withdrawal leaves the constitution commission as follows:
1.- Period to withdraw will be 2 years and not 1.
2.- Pensioners for life annuity may withdraw and insurers deduct the installments pro rata.
3.- Payment term will be between 10 and 15 days. Neither less nor more.
– Kevin Felgueras (@KevinFelgueras) September 27, 2021
- The fourth withdrawal constitutes taxes for those who monthly income exceeds $ 2.5 million. This option was declared inadmissible
- Withdraw 100% of the funds
- Taxes for high income over $ 3.6 million
- Withdraw 100% of the funds to pay debts for real estate or mortgage credit or to use it for a financial instrument that is more profitable than an AFP
- The funds are the exclusive property of the affiliate and may not be subject to nationalization or expropriation
Abortion without cause
In its last process, the Women’s Commissions rejected the bill that seeks to decriminalize consensual abortion by women within the first fourteen weeks of gestation. The proposal, which modifies the Penal Code for its purposes, was rejected by 6 votes in favor and 7 against.
As a result of the foregoing, the initiative will go to the room with a negative report. It will be there, however, where their fate will be determined, since the Chamber is sovereign to decide.
According to the information presented for this initiative, the regulation of voluntary interruption of pregnancy in three causes would not be able to address the reality of women in the country because criminal sanctions would continue to apply to those who decide to interrupt a pregnancy outside of the causes currently provided in the legislation.
With information from Camara.cl