Considered one of the two big favorites of the Tour de France – with Egan Bernal (Team INEOS) – Primoz Roglic will look good at the start at Nice Saturday, as he indicated in the columns of The last news. “I’m happy to be able to be at the start and will try to do my best.” These statements therefore put an end to the speculations which have taken place in recent days as to the presence or not of the Slovenian champion. Back on one of the soap operas of the last ten days.
Video – Primoz Roglic will be at the start of the Tour de France 2020
Forced not to take the start of the fifth and final stage of the Critérium du Dauphiné after having fallen the day before, Primoz Roglic had maintained the mystery of his injuries thereafter. If the Slovenian Jumbo-Visma has never been close to announcing his package for the Big loop, the comments he had made on Slovenian television raised serious doubts about his state of health.
“I still don’t feel in top form”
“I thought I would feel better after a few days, but I still don’t feel in top form. It could have been worse, but it’s not ideal to get injured right before the Tour de France. at the moment, I’m not sure I can take the start on Saturday in Nice “, said the world number one earlier this week in comments reported by As. His remarks came moreover the day after those of his wife, who was also worried about whether her companion was going to be able to dispute the Tour.
“This fall has it all jostled. On the one hand, it could have been a lot worse. But why does it have to happen right before start of Tower ? I am looking forward to what will happen […] The most important question at the moment is whether Primoz will really take the start. We all want this, but we are waiting for confirmation “, had confided Laura Klinz in an interview with RTV SLO.
A totally different bell sound at Jumbo-Visma!
If worry was the order of the day Roglic, Merijn Zeeman, the sports director of the Jumbo-Visma, had however wished to reassure the supporters of the winner of the Tour of the Ain Tuesday in comments reported by AD. “Primoz is doing well. He is no longer embarrassed by his fall from the Critérium du Dauphiné. As soon as the training got serious again, he participated in all the sessions. Thanks to the good work of our medical staff, he has fully recovered. Today, he will climb the Col de Loze. That says enough … “
Comments corroborated by the newspaper The team, who was able to come into contact with a member of the Jumbo-Visma Tuesday, this one confirming the presence of Primoz Roglic at the start of the next Tour de France. “There is no doubt about his participation in the Tour. Primoz is training normally.” So who came closest to the truth between the clan Roglic and the Jumbo-Visma ? The official and final answer is now known as the Tour de France sets off in two days.
Primoz Roglic last week: “I honestly thought I would feel better …”
As a reminder, the enigmatic Primoz Roglic had given his news last week on his account Instagram, the winner of Tour of Spain 2019 confident then his slight disappointment as to the sensations he had experienced on the bike. “I took a little tour. I sincerely thought that I would feel better after my crash last Saturday on the Critérium du Dauphiné. Let’s see how things are going over the next few days. I remain optimistic. Kisses, Rogla de Tignes.” Already deprived of Steven Kruijswijk, Training Jumbo-Visma can now breathe: its number one asset may well be present alongside Tom Dumoulin on French roads.