JAKARTA, KOMPAS.com – Hundreds of residents of Sumurgeneng Village, Jenu District, Tuban, suddenly became billionaires after selling their land to PT Pertamina (Persero).
It is recorded that 225 families in the village received billions of rupiah after selling their land.
Most of the residents bought cars using the money from the sale of the land, which amounted to 176 units.
Even though some of its residents have become billionaires, the Village Head of Sumurgeneng Gihanto is even worried.
Gihanto explained that the residents sold the land to PT Pertamina (Persero) for the construction of an oil refinery grass root refinery (GRR) in collaboration with a company from Russia, Rosneft.
The construction of the refinery requires land in three villages, namely Sumurgeneng, Wadung and Kaliuntu.
“There is a sense of concern because there is little effort being made,” Gihanto was quoted as saying Surya.co.id, Tuesday (16/2/2021).
Similar concerns and concerns were expressed by the President Director of PT Pertamina Rosneft Processing and Petrochemicals Kadek Ambara Jaya.
Kadek assessed that the community received the payment over fortunately it is not appropriate to spend the money.
He is worried that the people who suddenly become billionaires will be threatened with poverty because they cannot manage their money properly.
“If this (threatened poverty) happens, I am wrong, because I did not escort and accompany them,” said Kadek Ambara Jaya, when confirmed. Kompas.com, Wednesday (17/2/2021).
Apart from that, in fact, residents can choose a replacement option loss on their land.
This choice is stated in Law (UU) Number 2 of 2012 concerning Land Acquisition for Development for Public Interest.
There are five options, namely in the form of money, replacement land, resettlement, share ownership, or other forms approved by the residents and PT Pertamina Rosoneft.
As fully stated in Article 36, namely:
Giving Indemnity can be given in the form of:
b. replacement land;
d. shareholding; or
e. other forms approved by both parties.
Not only that, in Paragraph 4 the determination of compensation is also carried out through a deliberation mechanism which is detailed into three article namely Articles 37, 38, and 39.
Article 37 states that before determining the form of compensation, the land agency shall conduct deliberations with the party entitled to determine the form of compensation.
(1) The Land Agency shall conduct deliberation with the Entitled Party within 30 (thirty) working days from the time the Appraiser’s assessment results are submitted to the Land Agency to determine the form and / or amount of Compensation based on the results of the Compensation Assessment as referred to in Article 34. .
(2) The result of the agreement in the deliberation as referred to in paragraph (1) shall become the basis for the provision of Compensation to the Eligible Party which shall be contained in the minutes of the agreement.
Then Article 38 reads:
(1) In the event that no agreement exists regarding the form and / or amount of Compensation, the Entitled Party may file an objection to the local district court within 14 (fourteen) working days after the deliberation to determine Compensation as referred to in Article 37 paragraph ( 1).
(2) The district court decides the form and / or amount of compensation within a maximum period of 30 (thirty) working days after the submission of the objection is received.
(3) Parties who object to the decision of the district court as referred to in paragraph (2) within 14 (fourteen) working days can file an appeal to the Supreme Court of the Republic of Indonesia.
(4) The Supreme Court is obliged to issue a decision within 30 (thirty) working days from the receipt of the appeal for cassation.
(5) The verdict of the district court / Supreme Court, which has obtained legal force, remains the basis for the payment of compensation to the party filing an objection.
Last Article 39
In the event that the Entitled Party refuses the form and / or amount of Compensation, but does not file an objection within the time as referred to in Article 38 paragraph (1), because in law the Eligible Party is deemed to have accepted the form and amount of Compensation as referred to in Article 37 paragraph (1). ).
PT Pertamina Rosneft itself will follow up and be responsible for the social problems of residents.
This company will work with third parties to conduct research and mapping the conditions of residents in the three villages.
“We will collaborate with the research team from the Anthropological Institute for Research and Analysis in order to build a blueprint corporate social responsibility (CSR) based on local wisdom, “said Kadek.
Kadek added that the company wanted to invite residents to share labor-intensive work as an effort for State-Owned Enterprises (BUMN) to come to the country.
Tuban Contributor: Hamim, Hilda B Alexander l Editor: Dheri Agriesta, Hilda B Alexander