FAURECIA IS TO BE FOLLOWED AT THE PARIS BOURSE
PARIS (Reuters) – Stocks to follow Monday on the Paris Stock Exchange and in Europe where benchmark futures are signaling a lower opening:
* FAURECIA announced on Monday an operating profit and a sharp drop in turnover in 2020 under the effects of the coronavirus pandemic but said it expects a strong outperformance of sales for this year as well as a solid operating leverage and cash generation against a backdrop of a market rebound. On the occasion of an investor day, the automotive supplier also said to aim for an operating margin above 8% of sales in 2025.
* ICADE – The net income, group share, of Icade fell to 24.2 million euros in 2020, against 300.2 million in 2019, but the group is optimistic for 2021, forecasting an increase in its cash- current net flow and its dividend.
* DANONE – The management company Artisan Partners welcomed on Friday Danone’s “increased transparency” in the presentation of its financial results while judging that this did not change its “fundamental concerns” on the governance and the group’s strategy French food industry.
* ORANGE- The boss of Orange Spain has called on the Spanish government to lower the price of 5G frequencies which are due to be auctioned in March. Jean-François Fallacher, who heads the Spanish subsidiary of the French telecoms operator, told the Spanish daily El Pais that if the government reduced the current asking price – 1.17 billion euros – for 5G frequencies, it could encourage investments in the sector.
* CONTINENTAL loses 4% in the Frankfurt Stock Exchange after announcing on Friday that it would not pay a dividend for 2020 and expect an annual loss.
* VOLKSWAGEN will take a decision on Bugatti in the first half of the year, the CEO of Porsche told the Automobilwoche daily, citing a merger with Croatian manufacturer Rimac Automobili.
* AIRBUS – The boss of Airbus called on Saturday for a “cease-fire” in the war on subsidies to the aviation industry that the United States and Europe have been waging for years. In an interview with France Inter, the executive president of the European aircraft manufacturer, Guillaume Faury, also called on European countries to relax border restrictions linked to the coronavirus pandemic which paralyzes air transport.
* ATOS announced on Monday the completion of the takeover of the Dutch company Profit4SF, which specializes in technology consulting and business management for Salesforce implementations.
* BENETEAU announced on Sunday that it would have to slow down or stop its production in several sites, notably in France, for a few days after being the victim of a cyber attack.
* FFP, an investment company majority-owned by Etablissements Peugeot Frères and one of the main shareholders of STELLANTIS, announced Monday in a press release that it would change its name to become Peugeot Invest.
* KUEHNE & NAGEL announced on Monday the acquisition of Apex Iternational for an unspecified amount in order to strengthen its logistics in Asia.
* GECINA – JP Morgan downgraded its recommendation to “neutral” against “overweight” and lowered its price target to 130 euros against 150 euros.