HEIDELBERGCEMENT TO BE FOLLOWED AT THE FRANCFORT EXCHANGE
PARIS (Reuters) – Values to follow Tuesday on the Paris Stock Exchange and in Europe:
* HSBC on Tuesday abandoned its long-term profitability target and unveiled a new strategy focused on wealth management in Asia after seeing its annual profit melt under the effects of the health crisis.
* AVIVA – Macif should enter the competition for the acquisition of the French subsidiary of the British insurer, Le Figaro wrote on Tuesday. The insurers ALLIANZ and GENERALI are also in the running as is the French investment company EURAZEO, according to the daily.
* HEIDELBERGCEMENT, the world’s second largest cement manufacturer, on Tuesday announced a profit increase of more than 6% last year, according to its preliminary results, and reports a good start in 2021.
* ABENGOA announced Monday that it has filed for bankruptcy protection after negotiations with its creditors failed.
* COVESTRO said it expected on Tuesday that its profit would exceed its 2019 level this year thanks to higher volumes and the effects of lower costs.
* FRESENIUS has downgraded its forecast for revenue growth in 2021, as COVID-19-related deaths weigh on its dialysis business.
* KNORR BREMSE announced Monday that its cash generation in 2020 has exceeded market expectations.