(Photo credits: Flickr -)
(Updated with automotive sector, Euronext / Deutsche Börse / LSE, Next and futures)
* Change in futures on the CAC 40 0 # FCE index:
* Change in futures on the Stoxx 600 0 # FXXP index:
* Securities which are treated ex-dividend .EX.PA
* Update on the European markets .EUFR
PARIS, September 17 (Reuters) – Stocks to watch Thursday on the Paris Stock Exchange and in Europe, where benchmark futures are signaling an opening down around 1%:
* UNIBAIL-RODAMCO-WESTFIELD URW.AS presented Wednesday evening a plan to strengthen its balance sheet by at least nine billion euros including a capital increase of 3.5 billion, a limitation of cash dividends, a further reduction in investments and 4.0 billion euros in disposals by the end of 2021.
* LVMH LVMH.PA – Tiffany TIF.N denounced Wednesday the request formulated by LVMH to postpone a lawsuit in Delaware “from six to seven months”, criticizing the French luxury giant for its “blatant efforts” to avoid paying the amount agreed for the acquisition of the American jeweler.
* AUTOMOTIVE SECTOR – The sharp drop in car sales in Europe linked to the coronavirus pandemic and the economic crisis it triggered has not stopped during the summer months, show figures released Thursday by the Association of European Automobile Manufacturers.
* EURONEXT ENX.PA GERMAN STOCK EXCHANGE DB1Gn.DE LSE LSE.L – The stock exchange operator SIX is ready to join forces with an Italian partner in the framework of its offer on the Milan Stock Exchange and would offer guarantees in terms of governance as well as representation on its board of directors, a declared its general manager.
* EURONEXT ENX.PA – HSBC downgrades its recommendation on the stock market operator to “keep” against “buy”.
* ADP ADP.PA – The airport operator announced a fall of 64.9% of its overall traffic in August, and of 68.8% for Paris airports alone.
* NEXT NXT.L Thursday raised its annual profit forecast for the second time in two months thanks in particular to the increase in its online clothing sales.
* ASTRAZENECA AZN.L – The unforeseen events that led to the interruption of clinical trials of the group’s COVID-19 vaccine candidate may have no connection with the vaccine itself, concluded a document released Wednesday by the University of Oxford, which is based on an independent review of the data collected.
* ABN AMRO ABNd.AS and Oddo BHF announced on Wednesday that they had formed a strategic partnership to “combine their brokerage activities” in the Benelux region.
* VIRBAC VIRB.PA – The group specializing in animal health published half-year current operating profit up 27.7% to 85.5 million euros and expects the evolution of its annual turnover at constant scope and exchange rates be in the high end of -3% to zero. (The press release:)
* DELIVERY HERO DHER.DE announced Wednesday the acquisition of Glovo’s activities in Latin America for an amount likely to reach 230 million euros.
* TIKEHAU CAPITAL TKOO.PA reported Thursday an operating profit of 28.6 million euros for its asset management activity in the first half but an operating loss of 290.3 million euros in its investment activity, encumbered by costs linked to financial instruments put in place in the first quarter.
* LATECOERE LAEP.PA reported a decline in its turnover and current EBITDA in the first half due to the impact of the coronavirus crisis and warned of a persistence of “negative trends” regarding turnover in the second half of the year.
THE 7-DAY FRANCE & INTERNATIONAL AGENDA: