STATE AID TO COMPANIES. Bruno Le Maire said he was ready to increase the threshold of the second floor of aid for the self-employed, in order to bring the maximum amount to 5,000 euros. We will explain everything to you.
[Mis à jour le 09 avril 2020 à 11h40] Could you receive additional aid of 1,500 euros? Currently, the Solidarity Fund for Small Businesses is made up of two floors. The first is the aid of 1,500 euros. The second is additional aid of 2,000 euros. To collect it, you must meet the conditions for first aid, have at least one employee and be unable to pay your debts within thirty days – or your bank has refused you a cash loan. “Today, [le dispositif] is limited to 2,000 euros, we could increase this ceiling to 5,000 euros to be able to integrate the rental amount which, I know, of which I know that they pose difficulties to many companies which are in a situation where there is no longer any turnover at all, “said the Minister of Economy at the microphone of France 2, Wednesday evening. “We are working on this improvement which we will present next week with Gérald Darmanin”.
With @GDarmanin, we are working on an improvement of the Solidarity Fund which could help the smallest businesses to cover the rents.
– Bruno Le Maire (@BrunoLeMaire) April 8, 2020
A total of 622,000 small businesses have already addressed their request, a week after the opening of the dedicated form, announced Gérald Darmanin on Monday on Twitter. Did you make yours? Keep in mind that the conditions are very strict. The help does not concern companies created very recently: your activity must have started before February 1, 2020. Another thing to keep in mind, your business must be the subject of a administrative closure or have suffered a significant loss of turnover. Since last Friday, state financial aid has been available to companies that have accused “during the month of March a loss of turnover greater than 50%, instead of 70% previously“.
If you are concerned, you can therefore submit your request on the impots.gouv.fr site via your specific area. Vyou can get “within 3 or 4 days, the payment of the aid on the account of the company “, had indicated Gérald Darmanin in the columns of Figaro. Do you have questions about the reference to take into account to calculate your drop in turnover? On how you should assess it? If you can touch an amount greater than 1,500 euros? The supporting documents to bring to the taxman? Linternaute.com answers all your questions and explains to you, step by step, the procedure to follow to make your request for help.
Only the VSEs, freelancers, micro entrepreneurs and liberal professions are eligible. The status of the company, the social and fiscal regime does not matter. Your workforce must be less than or equal to 10 employees, says one in the document written by the services of Bercy, which you can find here. Your turnover must be less than one million euros and your annual taxable profit must not exceed 60,000 euros. The state services then defined criteria relating to the coronavirus health crisis. You must complete one of the two criteria :
- Your business has been the subject an administrative closure. This provision refers to the decree of March 15, 2020 supplementing the decree of March 14, 2020. It lists all of the establishments that must be closed, such as museums, restaurants and nightclubs, deemed not essential to the life of the Nation. You can find the full list on the Vie-publique.fr website.
- Or your business has suffered a 50% loss of turnover in March 2020 compared to March 2019. What happens if you started your business recently a month ago? Do not panic. The “monthly average figure“will be taken into account” between the creation date and the 1er March 2020 “.”For companies that have not yet closed a financial year, the average monthly turnover for the period between the date of creation of the company and February 29, 2020 must be less than 83,333 euros“, can we read in the decree of March 30, 2020.
To note : Linternaute.com was alerted by many readers, having been the subject of an administrative closure and anxious to see that they still had to fill in their turnover for March 2019 and March 2020 by filling out the form request. They were therefore worried about necessarily having to fulfill the two criteria mentioned above. Asked by Linternaute.com, the DGFIP specifies that one must be completed or the other of these conditions, taking as evidence the statements of the Minister, Bruno Le Maire. “If the applicant ticks ‘My business is prohibited from welcoming the public during the period’, he is entitled to assistance corresponding to the amount of the loss of his turnover. He just has to fill in his CA of March 2019 and his CA of March 2020 so that the form calculates the differential which will correspond to his aid within the limit of 1500 €“, detailed to us the DGFIP. “Please make sure not to tick in the form ‘My company has suffered a loss of turnover greater than 50% over the period compared to the reference turnover ‘. The company is in fact either in the category “closing to the public” (amount of loss), or in the category “loss of higher turnover” (percentage of loss) “.
As a reminder, state aid cannot concern a young company. “The activity must have started before February 1, 2020 and there must not have been a declaration of cessation of payment before March 1, 2020, “adds Bercy.” Furthermore, holders of an employment contract or a retirement pension and entrepreneurs who benefited from at least two weeks of sick leave in March are not eligible“. Are you lost? We summarize the conditions to benefit from the aid of the Solidarity Fund of 1,500 euros:
- Your turnover is less than a million euros and your taxable annual profit does not exceed 60,000 euros,
- You have had a administrative closure or loss of turnover at least 50%,
- Your activity has started before 1er February 2020 and you have not declared a cessation of payment before 1er March 2020,
- You never touch no retirement pension and do not hold an employment contract,
- Please note, it is possible to benefit from financial assistance for the month of March if you have been on sick leave or off work to look after your children, but under certain conditions. Article 1 of Decree No. 2020-371 of March 30, 2020 indicates that the daily Social Security allowances received between 1er and on March 31, 2020 must not exceed 800 euros.
To answer the multiple questions of small businesses, the tax administration has developed a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). You will find the answers to nearly a hundred questions here. Here are some examples of the questions you can find there:
- Can a company with a catering activity benefit from the solidarity fund when it has not been subject to administrative closure?
- A company having stopped (of itself) its activity at the beginning of March, is it entitled to the aid of the solidarity fund?
- For legal persons subject to corporate tax, is the taxable profit taken into account for the threshold of 60,000 euros determined before IS?
The Solidarity Fund for the Self-Employed is made up of two floors. If you meet the conditions above, you can benefit from “aid equal to the loss of turnover declared in March 2020, up to a limit of 1,500 euros“, when the activity is not completely stopped. To determine the loss of turnover, the administration takes the following reference, to compare with the loss of turnover between” March 1, 2020 and the 31 March 2020 “, depending on the date of creation of your company:
|Companies existing on 01/03/2019||Turnover for the month of March 2019|
|Companies created after 01/03/2019||Average monthly turnover between creation date and 03/01/2020|
|Entrepreneur who was granted sick leave, accident at work or maternity leave in March 2019||Average monthly turnover between 01/04/2019 and 01/03/2020|
In a second time, some entrepreneurs can benefit from additional assistance of 2,000 euros. You must meet the following conditions:
- To have at least one employee
- Being unable to pay your claims within 30 days
- Or your bank refused you a cash loan.
The Minister of Economy said he was ready to “go beyond” the 2,000 euros. “We know that 2,000 euros, even added to the 1,500 euros, can be a bit short for some businesses, some self-employed people who have employees, who have perhaps higher charges and who would be threatened with bankruptcy”, a he said. At the microphone of France 2 on April 8, Bruno le Maire also indicated that “consider cancellations “of tax and social charges for companies threatened with bankruptcy, and not just a postponement.
You must surrender on the taxes website, impots.gouv.fr. You must connect to your personal space, and not your usual professional space. Then go to your secure mailbox. Click on “Write” and select the reason for contact “I ask for help to companies weakened by the Covid-19 epidemic“. A form should appear. Here are the steps you need to take:
- Check the box certifying that you meet all the conditions : “1 ° It started its activity before February 1, 2020; 2 ° It did not file a declaration of cessation of payment on March 1, 2020; 3 ° Its workforce is less than or equal to ten employees”.
- Indicate the number of employees on CDD or CDI
- Mention your contact details: last name, first name, quality (individual entrepreneur, manager of the company, chartered accountant, employee of the chartered accountant, Other), phone and email.
- Indicate SIREN and SIRET that identify your business, as well as the Region.
- Select the period for which you would like help : for now, there is only one (March 1 to 31, 2020).
- Calculate the amount of your aid : you must check one of the boxes “My company is subject to a ban on public reception during the period” or “My company suffered a loss of turnover greater than 50% over the period by compared to benchmark sales “. As several readers have rightly pointed out, you must indicate your turnover in 2019 and 2020 over the period, regardless of the box checked beforehand. The administration is responsible for calculating the differential and, ultimately, the amount of aid you can claim.
- Enter your bank details.
- Check the box “I certify on my honor that my company fulfills the conditions to benefit from this aid, the accuracy of the information declared as well as my company is up to date with its tax and social obligations as of March 1, 2020. Article 441-6 of the penal code punishes with two years of imprisonment and with a fine of 30,000 euros the fact of providing a false statement with a view to obtaining from a public administration or a body responsible for public service mission an allowance, payment or improper advantage“.
What happens if you wish to benefit from the additional flat-rate aid of 2,000 euros? In that case, you will need to contact the Region from April 15, 2020. A dedicated platform must be opened by the latter. “In order for the services of the region to be able to examine the request, the company will enclose a supported estimate of its cash impasse, a brief description of its situation showing the imminent risk of bankruptcy as well as the name of the bank whose company is client having refused him a reasonable cash loan, the amount of the loan requested and his contact in the bank, “he said. The remainder will also be paid by the DGFIP.
“The request for aid must be made electronically, at the latest April 30“, can we read in the decree.” The DGFIP will carry out first level checks and pay aid quickly to the applicant “, can we read in the document published by Bercy services. Interviewed in Le Figaro, Gérald Darmanin had indicated that theth installment was to be made “within three, four days”.
In his dedicated document, Bercy specifies that the Solidarity Fund has been increased, for the moment, for the month of March only. Renewal only depends on whether or not the containment measures are maintained. The solidarity fund will be maintained as long as the state of health emergency lasts“, reassured Bruno Le Maire, Monday, March 30.