The 2021 policies of WhatsApp They came to stir the world. After millions of cell phones received a statement with the new rules of the game to continue sending messages through the application, more than one gave him ‘accept’ without reading completely and those who did so shouted in the sky when they discovered that their messages will be shared. Data with Facebook – the owner of the app – if they want to continue chatting in the service. Given this the names of Telegram and Signal grew stronger, even more so when Elon Musk (founder of Tesla, SpaceX and the richest man in the world) recommended using it. Here we tell you the advantages it has and why it is a good alternative.
MORE INFORMATION | WhatsApp: what happens if you do not accept the new 2021 policies
Signal key points
- This messaging application guarantees the security and privacy of conversations with end-to-end encryption.
- As for the encryption protocol, Signal, like WhatsApp, uses Open Whispers Systems’ protocol, which makes chats, calls and video calls encrypted so that no one can access them.
- When using it for the first time, you must configure a PIN that will also be encrypted and that blocks another person from entering your account from another device.
- Allows you to send all kinds of multimedia files, from Gifs to voice notes. Groups can also be created.
- The version for Android and iOS also has a desktop version, as does WhatsApp.
- In Signal, only the phone number with which you are registered and the day of the last connection appears (the hour does not appear, nor the minute as it does in WhatsApp).
- You add to your contacts with the phone number.
- Regarding permissions, the portal ‘Xataka’ Explain that “you only need to grant the permission of the camera to send photos or the storage permission to send files and photos saved on the mobile.”
- You have the option of messages that self-destruct after a few seconds and a password so that another person who grabs your mobile cannot open the conversations.
- The same medium details that screenshots cannot be taken either.
What do the new WhatsApp policies say?
Your messages belong to you and we cannot read them: Another thing that caused concern. The app indicates that it has developed features to protect your privacy and security, such as end-to-end encryption. “We do not store your messages once they are delivered. When messages are end-to-end encrypted; neither we nor third parties can read them ”.
Zero third-party banner ads: It will not allow advertising by third parties on WhatsApp.
What happens if I don’t accept the new 2021 policies?
If you do not accept the security policies until a deadline, WhatsApp will ask you to delete your account in order for you to stop using its service for not agreeing with the conditions. So if you decide to change your mind, you can go to Settings and set up your conversations again.
On the other hand, if you accepted the new 2021 policies, but want to retract, you only have one option to do so: delete your account. It may be radical, but it is the only method. Even if you don’t want to use the app together with Facebook, there is also a method.
But not only that, you also have the option to delete your Facebook number before it syncs with WhatsApp. You just have to configure that step from the social network.