The company notified users using unsupported apps, such as WhatsApp Plus, GB WhatsApp, or those that claim to be able to move WhatsApp chats from one phone to another.
So they announced that they will temporarily suspend these accounts until users do not use the official application, if not, the accounts will be terminated permanently.
How to switch to the official version of WhatsApp?
You first have to save a backup of your chat history before transferring your account to the official version of WhatsApp.
The name of the rogue application will determine if necessary transfer your chat history to the official version.
According to the company, to recover your conversations from WhatsApp You can do the following, although they do not guarantee the success of these steps, since it is not an official application.
- If you previously saved your chat history, it should automatically transfer to the official version of WhatsApp.
- Opens Play Store and download WhatsApp.
- Verify your phone number so the restoration can be done.
- Wait for the temporary hold to end. The stopwatch will show the duration of the suspension
- On GB WhatsApp, tap More options > Chats > Backup copy.
- Go to Settings from the phone> Storage > Records.
- Find the folder GB WhatsApp and hold to select it.
- In the upper right corner tap Plus > Rename and rename the folder to “WhatsApp”.
- Opens Play Store and download the official version of WhatsApp.
- Verify your phone number
- On the screen you will see “A backup was found”, tap the option Restore.