On February 17, President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy, by his decree, expanded the list of positions of leaders of military formations and law enforcement agencies, candidates for appointment for which must be coordinated with the head of state.
President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy has expanded the list of positions of heads of military formations and law enforcement agencies, candidates for appointment to which must be coordinated with the head of state. Relevant decree №58/2021 published on the website of the President’s Office.
The document stipulates that henceforth it is necessary to agree with the president on the candidacy for the post of chairman of the State Service for Special Communications and Information Protection of Ukraine, as well as the candidacy of his first deputy and deputies.
With this document, Zelensky supplemented the decree №516 the third president, Viktor Yushchenko, according to which, since 2008, the president, in particular, must agree on candidates for positions:
- the head of the territorial command department, the commander of the brigade of the internal troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs;
- first deputy, deputy defense ministers;
- first deputy, deputy chiefs of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine;
- head of the structural unit of the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Ministry of Defense;
- deputy commanders of the Armed Forces of Ukraine;
- commander, deputy corps commanders, tactical group commander;
- the head of the structural unit of the administration of the State Border Service;
- Head, Director of the Department of the Central Directorate of the SBU;
- head of the structural unit of the Foreign Intelligence Service of Ukraine.