After the crushing of an alleged right-wing terrorist cell in Germany, all twelve men arrested on Friday are in custody.
Investigative judges from the Federal Court of Justice (BGH) issued an arrest warrant against four suspected members of the group and eight alleged supporters during the course of Saturday. That said a spokesman for the federal prosecutor’s office after the last demonstration in the evening of the DPA news agency in Karlsruhe.
The hearings of the many suspects had dragged on all day. All twelve men were brought to the BGH in Karlsruhe. An investigating judge decides whether someone – as requested by the Federal Prosecutor’s Office – is in custody or has to be released due to lack of reliable evidence.
Raids in six federal states
The Attorney General had raided the group on Friday in six federal states. The alleged right-wing terrorists are said to have envisaged attacks on politicians, asylum seekers and Muslims. In doing so, they wanted to achieve civil war-like conditions in Germany and shake the state and social order. However, the project has not yet been specified.
As the “Bild” writes, the detainees – all German – are men between 31 and 60 years old. Four of them are said to have joined together to form the actual terror cell. The eight others think the investigators are supporters. They are said to have agreed to give money, to procure weapons or to participate in future attacks. The federal prosecutor added a fifth man to the core of the group. However, he was the only one who was not arrested.
According to the Federal Prosecutor’s Office, the group has exchanged chats and phone calls, and has met several times, according to the newspaper.
North Rhine-Westphalia’s Interior Minister Herbert Reul (CDU) is said to have announced on Friday that an administrative employee of the police had been suspended. This is apparently one of the alleged supporters of the group.
(Rab / SDA)