800,000 households forced to repay housing tax

INFO LE FIGARO – An increase in income last year made them fall into the category of the top 20% of households.

In accordance with Emmanuel Macron's commitments during his campaign, the housing tax is completely eliminated this year for 80% of the 30 million households.
In accordance with Emmanuel Macron’s commitments during his campaign, the housing tax is completely eliminated this year for 80% of the 30 million households. 197510722 / terovesalainen – stock.adobe.com

Crisis or no crisis, the autumn calendar for the payment of local taxes is continuing its usual course. After the payment of the property tax for owners who had until October 20 (online), it is now the final stretch for the payment of the housing tax on main residences. Only here, this year is special with the gradual abolition of this local tax. Which is not without bad surprises for some taxpayers.

In accordance with Emmanuel Macron’s commitments during the presidential campaign, the housing tax has been completely abolished this year for 80% of the 30 million French households who have already benefited from successive relief in 2018 and 2019. The remaining 20% ​​- the wealthiest households – are still 100% liable and have until Saturday to make the payment online.

It is, however, temporary. Next year, then in 2022, they will in turn benefit from successive reductions in

This article is for subscribers only. You have 69% left to discover.

Subscribe: 1 € the first month

Can be canceled at any time

.

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.