With two goals in the first minute of each half, the Porto surprised in Do Dragão (2-1) a Juventus with few ideas, who managed to save the night from disaster with a goal in the final stretch of the game that gave life to the tie of the Champions League.
The Italians got on the wrong foot in the round of 16, with a mistake in the first minute that Porto took advantage of to go ahead with a goal from Iranian Mehdi Taremi and dislodge Juventus.
The club of Cristiano Ronaldo, who was absent for much of the match, had many problems against the Portuguese, who knew how to control the match times and extend their advantage after half-time with a goal from Marega.
Pirlo’s men only managed to steer the course of the night a bit at the end, with a very important goal from Chiesa that could be the final point to pass the stage.
After falling last year in the round of 16 to Lyon, Juventus did not want to be left out of the quarters this year, but a serious mistake in the first minute complicated that goal.
Juventus vs. Porto: lineups
Juventus: Szczesny; Danilo, De Ligt, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Chiesa, Rabiot, Bentancur, Mckennie, Kulusevski, Cristiano Ronaldo.
Porto: Marchesín; Manafá, Pepe, Mbemba, Zaidu; Sergio Oliveira, Uribe, Otávio, Corona, Marega, Taremi.
Juventus vs. Porto: minute by minute
On which channels will Porto vs. Juventus?
- Argentina | ESPN2 On, ESPN Play On
- Bolivia | ESPN Play Sur, ESPN2 Sur
- Brazil | GUIGO, TNT Sports Stadium
- Chile | ESPN2 Sur, ESPN Play Sur
- Colombia | ESPN Play Sur, ESPN2 Colombia
- Costa Rica | Fox Sports 2 Cono Norte, Fox Sports Cono Norte, Fox Sports App
- Ecuador | ESPN Play Sur
- Spain | Mitele Plus, Movistar +, Movistar Champions League 1
- Mexico | Fox Sports 2 North Cone, Fox Sports App, Fox Sports North Cone
- Panama | Flowsports.co, Fox Sports Cono Norte, Flow Sports App, Fox Sports 2 Cono Norte, Fox Sports App
- Peru | ESPN Play Sur, ESPN2 Sur
- United States | CBS All Access, TUDN USA, UniMás, Univision NOW, ZonaFutbol, TUDN App, TUDNxtra, TUDN.com
- Uruguay | ESPN Play Sur, ESPN2 Sur
- Venezuela | ESPN Play Sur, Fox Sports App, Fox Sports 2 Cono Norte, Fox Sports Cono Norte
How to watch ESPN 2 live?
- Satellite signal via DIRECTV: Channel 622 and 1622 for Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Peru, Colombia and Ecuador
- Satellite signal via SimpleTV: Channel 622 for Venezuela
- Satellite signal via MovistarTV: Channel 482 and 886 (CHILE) – 486 and 886 (PERÚ AND COLOMBIA) – 485 (VENEZUELA)
- Satellite signal via Entel: Channel 41 (BOLIVIA)
- Cable signal via Telecentro (Argentina): Channel 105 and 1011
- Cable signal via Cablevisión (Argentina): Channel 23 and 102
- Cable signal via Tigo Bolivia: Channel 510 and 702
- Cable signal via Tigo Paraguay: Channel 104
- Cable signal via VTR Chile: Channel 48
- Cable signal via GrupoTV Ecuador: Channel 202 and 734
- Cable signal via MovistarTV Peru: Channel 506 and 741
- Cable signal via ClaroTV Chile: Channel 175 and 475
- Cable signal via ClaroTV Peru: Channel 65 and 523
- Cable signal via ClaroTV Colombia: Channel 511 and 1511
- Cable signal via ClaroTV Ecuador: Channel 90 and 590
Likewise, you will be able to follow minute by minute, statistics, incidents, goals, interviews and results of the match through the El Comercio website.
Juventus vs. Porto: match times
México – 2:00 p.m.
Perú – 3:00 p.m.
Colombia – 3:00 p.m.
Ecuador – 3:00 p.m.
Bolivia – 4:00 p.m.
Venezuela – 4:00 p.m.
Argentina – 5:00 p.m.
Chile – 5:00 p.m.
Paraguay – 5:00 p.m.
Uruguay – 5:00 p.m.
Brasil – 5:00 p.m.
España – 9:00 p.m.
Porto vs. Juventus: background and statistics
- Porto have never beaten Juventus in five previous meetings in European competition (1E 4D). In fact, Liverpool is the only other club that they have faced more times without ever winning (8 games).
- The only previous meeting between Porto and Juventus in the UEFA Champions League round of 16 was in the 2016/17 season. The Turin team won 3-0 on aggregate, but in both matches, they scored no goals before Porto had a player sent off, both times in the first half.
- Juventus are the only team, along with Zenit Saint Petersburg, to have met Porto at least twice away from home in a European competition without conceding a goal.
- Juventus have reached the round of 16 of the UEFA Champions League for the seventh consecutive season, their longest streak in the competition. Meanwhile, this will be Porto’s fourth knockout stage appearance in the past five seasons.
- Porto are the only team yet to concede a goal at home in the UEFA Champions League this season. They have also kept a clean sheet in each of their last five Champions League games, the longest streak of matches without conceding a goal in the competition. Man City’s Ferran Torres was the last player to score against Agustín Marchesín on October 21.
Juventus vs. Porto: possible alignments
Juventus: Szczesny; Danilo, Bonucci, De Ligt, Álex Sandro; Church, Bentancur, Rabiot, McKennie; Morata y Cristiano Ronaldo.
Porto: Marchesín; Manafá, Leite, Pepe, Luís Díaz; João Mário, Sérgio Oliveira, Matheus Uribe and Corona; Marega and Taremi.
MORE ABOUT CHAMPIONS LEAGUE