Psyonix, the San Diego-based video game developer, has announced that the Rocket League will be free to play on September 23rd!
An update will go live on all platforms tomorrow, September 16, at 9 a.m. PDT (4 p.m. UTC) to prepare Rocket League for the transition to free play. Below is a breakdown of what will go live during tomorrow’s update and what will be available when the free-to-play version launches on September 23:
- Cross-Platform Progression Linking – Existing players can link their platforms to their Epic Games account.
- Legacy Items – Players who have already owned and played Rocket League will receive their Legacy items
- Support-A-Creator Live – Rocket League will address the Support-A-Creator-Programm hook up for epic games. Starting tomorrow, players can enter a Creator Code in the Item Shop, with which the Creators can earn 5% of the credits that are spent when using their Creator Code.
- Various changes and additions to the quality of life
Free to Play Start am 23. September:
- Epic Games Store Debut – Rocket League will make its Epic Games Store debut when Rocket League is free to play! Players can here put on their wish list. Players who download and launch the game on EGS will also receive Sun Ray Boost and Hot Rocks Trail!
- Revised Tournaments and Challenges – Updates to the Tournaments and Challenges will be available live.
- Season 1 Rocket Pass – Rocket Pass returns with the start of Season 1! More details on Season 1 will be announced soon
- Two new article packages – the Endo Starter Pack and the Jäger Pack – are available for purchase. The packs will contain:
- Endo Starter Pack – Endo, Gaiden Wheels (gray), Neo-Thermal Boost, Friction Track and 500 Credits
- Jägerpack – Jäger 619 (titanium white), apparatus wheels (titanium white), Toon Goal Explosion (titanium white) and 1000 credits
To celebrate that the Rocket League is free to play, there will finally be an all-new in-game event called Llama-Rama shortly after it starts on September 23rd. More information about this event will be announced in the near future!