Treasury managers from Bank of Ayudhya revealed that the baht closed this evening at 35.39 baht / dollar, continuing to appreciate. Because the market opened in the morning at 35.44 baht / dollar after the dollar weakened due to market concerns about the US recession. and the direction of rising premiums of the US Federal Reserve (Fed) coupled with foreign capital flows into the short-term bond market. During the day, the baht moved in the range of 35.37 – 35.55 baht / dollar.
“The baht has continued to appreciate more than 10 satang per day and today is the strongest in the region. It came down to the highest strength in July 65 from the previous depreciation,” the money manager said.
treasury Assessing the movement of the baht tomorrow at 35.30 – 35.50 baht / dollar by afternoon, there will be The meeting of the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC), where the market is expected to raise interest rates by 0.25% in the evening will be announced. Inflation numbers for July 65, which the market is expected to slow down from the month. Jun, up 9.1%
- important factor
- The yen was at 134.87 yen/dollar from the morning’s 134.70 yen/dollar level.
- The euro was at $1.0235/euro, from $1.0189/euro in the morning.
- The SET index closed today at 1,618.80 points, up 9.93 points, +0.62%, trading value 57,673.66 million baht.
- Group Trading Volume Summary Foreigners buy net 3,259.19 million baht (SET+MAI)
- The Center for Economic and Business Forecasting expects the MPC to raise the policy interest rate by 0.25% due to the latest inflation.
July remained at a high of 7.6 percent, with full-year forecasts to average 6-6.5%, higher than the Bank of Thailand’s inflation target.
Thailand (BOT) set a high 1-3%.
- Assistant Managing Director Executives of the Research Office and investment advisor, CIMB Thai Bank (CIMBT) believes that the
The Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) this time (10 August) will raise interest rates another 0.25%, but the vote will not be unanimous.
Majority is likely to weigh the risks of recovery and diversification of the Thai economy. Therefore, the interest rate will be raised only by 0.25% and should be
Three minorities still support a 0.50% interest rate hike.
- The Cabinet has acknowledged the progress of budget disbursement and government expenditures for fiscal year 2022 already 2,464,723
million baht from the total spending plan of 4,060,682 million baht or 60.70%
- Center for Economic and Business Forecasting Support to raise the minimum wage by another 5-8% starting from 66, which will increase the money.
In the economy, another 1,500-2,400 million baht/month or accounted for an increase of 2-3 billion baht per year, helping to drive GDP in 66
increased by 0.1-0.2%
- Moody’s Investors Service and Fitch Ratings estimate that Draft law on inflation reduction (Inflation
The Reduction Act, recently passed by the US Senate on Sunday (August 7), aims to combat global warming,
Reduce the price of medicines and increase the corporate income tax of certain types. This will cause US inflation to decline in the medium to long term.
And it will help reduce the US deficit as well.
- Billionaire cryptocurrency investor and executives of Galaxy Digital Holdings predicted that Bitcoin price will remain
Moves in a narrow range and may not be able to break through the $30,000 level in the near term. and also stated that investors
Institutions do not make significant investments in the cryptocurrency market.
- HSBC’s chief Asia economist predicts that Asian exporters will
face big challenges This is because demand from major markets such as the US, Europe and China tends to slow down in the coming months.