In the Balochistan Assembly meeting, the Chief Minister of Balochistan expressed his opinion and said that the second phase of CPEC is going to start in Gwadar, so why is a rally being held in Gwadar on July 80? There is an intelligence report that LA wants to target the BY rally in Gwadar.
He said that Baloch Solidarity Committee wants to hold a meeting except Gwadar. are
Sarfaraz Bugti further said that Rai is systematically involved in terrorism. If the IG has to call officers from Punjab, he should call them. demonstrated, Quetta: The entire system of Balochistan cannot be handed over to any party.
The Chief Minister of Balochistan further said that Umm Baloch is being made an informer and Punjabis are being killed by getting off their vehicles, differences are being created between the people and the army through social media, the army is not only for Punjabis. 28,000 Baloch are in the army, they will establish peace in Balochistan in any case: this war has to be fought together by the government and the army, the Baloch are free, they don’t need any freedom.
Jamaat-e-Islami’s sit-in against the expensive electricity contract and over-billing continues for the second day in Rawalpindi’s Liaquat Bagh. Addressing the participants, Jamaat-e-Islami Ameer Hafiz Naeem-ur-Rehman said that the sit-in and negotiations will go hand in hand, I will tell what the government wants in a historic meeting on Sunday.
Addressing the sit-in participants at Liaquat Bagh at night, Hafiz Naeem said that it was understood that the way of Jamaat-e-Islami could be blocked, the police were kept standing on the streets for 2-2 days, even the policemen could not pay the electricity bill. The ruling class wanted to achieve their goals by fighting us, we could have gone back, but we turned one sit-in into many sit-ins.
One cannot get confused in negotiations by forming a committee
He said that we will not go back without taking the right, Shahbaz Sharif should not remain complacent, the sit-in and negotiations will go hand in hand, we are not children to be confused by forming a committee, we cannot be confused in the negotiations by forming a committee.
I will tell what the government wants in the historical meeting on Sunday
They said that we will force the government to kneel down, there will be a historic public meeting on Sunday, in which I will tell what the government wants, maybe the march will start only after the meeting, now these wolves cannot rule over Pakistan. These wolves suck our blood, this sit-in is creating awareness.
‘When the demands were not accepted, they went to the Parliament House’
He said that the government closed Islamabad by placing containers all around, there was a sit-in at Zero Point, a sit-in at Murree Road, the rulers wanted to fight us, they will not go back without taking their rights. “If our demands were not accepted, we went to the Parliament House. This sit-in is to be turned into a historic meeting on Sunday.
#Tomorrow #government #Hafiz #Naeem #gave #signal #Parliament #Pakistan
2024-07-29 02:42:59
PROTESTERS in Bangladesh have issued demands amid a lull in violence that has filled the streets in recent days after the government backed away from recruitment quotas for government jobs.
Student leaders said Monday they planned to continue the demonstrations despite a Supreme Court ruling the previous day to scale back a controversial job quota system that sparked the protests. A deadly government crackdown leading up to the ruling reportedly left 163 people dead, hundreds arrested and thousands injured.
The protesters demanded that the government release protest leaders, lift a military curfew and reopen universities that have been closed since Wednesday. They said they would give the government 48 hours to meet the demands.
Protesters came under fire from security forces, as did other students supporting the ruling Awami League party, last week as they launched their campaign against the quota system, which seeks to reserve sought-after government jobs for relatives of war veterans and other groups.
Although courts have largely overturned the quotas, protesters are demanding accountability for the crackdown, including the resignation of ministers.
They also called for a speedy formality of the decision. Law Minister Anisul Huq promised on Sunday that the government would implement the changes to the law within days.
Read also: Students Fight Curfew in Dhaka
Challenge
On Sunday, a military curfew imposed during the protests was eased for a few hours on Monday to allow people to buy basic necessities. But internet connectivity remained down for a fourth straight day in the country of 170 million people.
After protesters called for a nationwide shutdown on Monday, soldiers continued to patrol the streets and tanks were stationed along roads in the capital Dhaka. No further deaths or large gatherings were reported in the afternoon as a temporary calm persisted.
Bangladesh’s army chief said Monday the situation was “under control”. “The law and order situation is under control after the deployment of armed forces,” General Waker uz Zaman said in a statement after inspecting troops at several locations in Dhaka.
Read also: Bangladesh Police Given Shoot-On-Sight Orders
Amid the protests, the government has widened its crackdown on opposition parties, with at least 70 people arrested from the Bangladesh Nationalist Party.
The job quota system, previously ruled out by the government but revived by the court last month, would give 30 per cent of government jobs to relatives of those who fought in the war that won independence from Pakistan in 1971.
After the cuts, 93% of public sector jobs will be dedicated to merit-based hiring, with 5% reserved for family members of veterans. A further 2% will be reserved for people from ethnic minority groups or people with disabilities. (Al Jazeera/Z-3)
#Protests #Bangladesh #Protesters #Demands #Security #Challenges
- The protesters denounced that people detained for political reasons are exposed to procedural delays, inadequate prison conditions and even cruel treatment.
A group of relatives of political prisoners protested on Thursday, July 18, in front of the main headquarters of the Public Prosecutor’s Office in Parque Carabobo, Caracas, to demand an end to the arbitrary use of the Anti-Terrorism Law to accuse people detained for political reasons.
The protesters drafted a document addressed to the Attorney General of the Republic, Tarek William Saab, in which they request that the chronic use of this legislation to charge citizens and military personnel arrested be ended. They also demand that the Law Against Hate be stopped as a method of intimidation once morest those who exercise their civil liberties.
The relatives of the detainees gathered in front of the public institution at approximately 10:00 am and asked to be able to hand over the document to the head of the Prosecutor’s Office. They also carried signs with slogans such as “Close the torture centers” and “There are no free elections with political prisoners.”
The group of protesters also denounced that rights such as association, freedom of expression and peaceful assembly are being criminalized in the country. They added that this has worsened in the context of the electoral campaign for the presidential elections on July 28.
Justice and freedom
The protesters took the opportunity to detail to the media the cruel treatment to which people detained for political reasons are exposed. They said that in some cases due process is violated in order to establish a conviction and prisoners subsequently have to face inhumane conditions of confinement.
“Justice and freedom” was one of the songs sung by those who went to the Public Prosecutor’s Office to accompany the peaceful protest.
Each of the relatives also raised banners to demand the release of various political prisoners and to ask that the procedural delays in several of the cases cease.
The non-governmental organization (NGO) Foro Penal reported on Tuesday, July 16, that the registry of political prisoners in the country had increased dramatically in recent weeks.
Alfredo Romero, the president of Foro Penal, said in a press conference that there are around 301 political suspects, of which 92 have not completed their legal proceedings.
The spokesman warned that more than 100 recent arrests are related to the team of opposition leader María Corina Machado, who has been touring the country in support of the candidacy of Edmundo González Urrutia for the Democratic Unitary Platform (PUD).
Related news
#Relatives #political #prisoners #protested #antiterrorism #law
2024-07-19 01:09:53