There is no chance of rain in Karachi today, the mercury is likely to remain up to 40 degrees in Karachi today, while the sudden increase in deaths due to the scorching heat in Shahr Quaid, 20 people died in different areas during 36 hours, while the official According to the data, the number of deaths due to heat stroke this month has reached 51
Chief Meteorologist Sardar Sarfaraz has alerted the citizens of Karachi that there is no chance of rain in the city of Quaid today, the mercury is likely to remain up to 40 degrees in Karachi today, the intensity of heat can be felt up to 50 degrees, less wind. Due to the pressure, the condition of hubs is maintained, the low pressure of the air comes to the coast and it rains.
Meanwhile, according to the data of the Sindh Health Department, the number of deaths due to heat stroke in Karachi this month has reached 51.
Besides, according to Edhi, 222 dead bodies were brought to the morgue in the last three days, 84 bodies were brought to the morgue on July 17, 71 dead bodies on July 16, and 67 bodies were transferred to the morgue on July 15. According to Edhi, 4 abandoned bodies were also brought to the mortuary.
2 people died due to heat stroke in Karachi, condition of hundreds including mourners is not good
Which areas are likely to experience extreme heat and cold for the next 2 days?
Nights are also hot in Karachi, the temperature is predicted to be dangerous on May 31
On the other hand, the extreme heat and heat wave continues in Karachi, sudden death due to heat has increased since last day, 20 people lost their lives in different areas in 36 hours.
The bodies have been shifted to cold storage from different locations. Most of the dead are said to be drug addicts.
The weather became pleasant due to early morning drizzle in various areas of Karachi and strong sea winds started blowing in the city, while many areas were flooded due to heavy rain in Lahore.
The thirty-year record of rain in Lahore was broken. 315 mm of rain was recorded in Tajpura area of Lahore today.
Last year, the highest rainfall of 291 mm was recorded in Lakshmi Chowk. This year, Lakshmi Chowk has recorded 170 mm rainfall. Gulshan Ravi received 68 mm, Sumanabad 62 mm, Airport 61 mm, Mughalpura 60 mm, Iqbal Town 59 mm and Upper Mall 51 mm.
162 mm of rain was recorded in Nishtar Town and 155 mm in Chowk Nakhda. Water is standing in many areas of Lahore. Thousands of people have been confined to their homes.
Heavy rains and subsequent inundation of many areas have caused severe problems in transportation, which has limited educational, industrial and commercial activities. People are enjoying seasonal food but the food streets are not as vibrant as they used to be because people are preferring to stay at home.
Rainy weather in Lahore
The weather became pleasant in various cities of Punjab including Lahore due to early morning rain.
More rain forecast today with strong winds in different parts of the country
Accidents due to rain
Eleven members of the same family were buried under the debris when the roof of the house collapsed due to heavy rain in Siddiqiya Colony area of Sheikhupura.
Four people, including three women, lost their lives in the accident, while seven people, including small children, were injured.
The funeral prayers of the deceased were also performed, Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz and the Deputy Commissioner expressed their condolences to the families of those who lost their lives in the tragic incident.
The Punjab government also announced to give 10 lakh rupees per person to the family members, while the Deputy Commissioner said that the district administration will treat the injured and provide the best health facilities.
#30year #rain #record #broken #Lahore #people #died #incidents #Pakistan
2024-07-14 12:30:36
Beaches and streets less busy than usual. This is the image that is leaving the precipitation that are being recorded this morning in many points of the Valencian Communitya rain that spoils an unusual picture for this time of year when streets and sandbanks are packed to the rfollowings with thousands of residents and tourists who are enjoying their summer holidays.
Nevertheless, hundreds of residents and tourists have defied the weather and have not wanted to give up a day of playa despite the rains. This is the case of the Malvarrosain Valencia, where although the attendance was much lower than usual for this time of year, many people did not want to give up enjoying the sea despite the bad weather.
How long will the rain last?
The most optimistic celebrate the climate truce After several days of stifling heat in which thermometers have reached values above 40 degrees in many parts of the province. On the other hand, many “curse” the rain, which they accuse of having “drowned” the day outdoors that they had planned for today. And the thing is, it never rains to everyone’s liking, although according to Aemet’s predictions, it seems that this time it will.
Considering the forecast of the Meteorology Statal Agency For this weekend, the rains that have begun to be recorded on the coast and that have been spreading inland are expected to subside by the end of the day. In fact, for this followingnoon the agency lowers the probability of precipitation to 5%. drop in temperatures It will be felt in all three provinces, but it will be especially noticeable in the interior. Thushighs of 29 degrees are expected in Alicante and 28 degrees in Valencia and Castellón.
Forecast for Sunday
Sunnier weather is expected tomorrow, where from midday onwards The clouds are expected to subsides low leaving clear skiesAs for heat, maximum temperatures will rise, reaching 31 degrees in the province of Valencia. The increase in temperatures will be noticeable inland, while the thermometer will show significantly high values in the southern interior of the province of Valencia.
- The authorities’ reports indicate that at least 8,000 homes were affected by the rains and their effects in Cumanacoa | Photo: Red Cross
Official figures following the overflow of the Manzanares River in Cumanacoa indicate that there are more than 29,000 victims and 6 deaths confirmed by the authorities of the state of Sucre.
They also reported that at least 8,000 homes were affected in the state, mainly in the communities of La Fragua and Las Trincheras, which were blocked by mud. It is estimated that 400 houses were completely destroyed and that four people are still missing.
The rains, which began on the night of July 1, caused the Manzanares River to overflow its banks on the morning of July 2. This situation forced the inhabitants to flee in search of shelter.
Abelardo Kasabdji, president of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Sucre state, reported on July 9 that at least 200 companies had closed in the state due to the floods. The government of Nicolás Maduro assured that it approved a special financing fund for the recovery of the productive sectors in Cumanacoa following the tragedy.
Support for those affected
The Venezuelan state, non-governmental organizations and the Catholic Church have sent aid to those affected by the rains and floods in Cumanacoa.
Recently Caritas of Maturin sent a shipment with more than 2,000 kilos of donations for the victims. Among this aid was bottled water, food, clothing, sheets, blankets, personal hygiene items and baby diapers.
Most of the collection centers are located in the east of the country. However, the Chacao Mayor’s Office, Miranda State, recently opened a center in Los Palos Grandes. Likewise, several churches in the city of Caracas are receiving donations to later send them to Sucre.
People who wish to collaborate with donations can send:
– Bottled water
– Nonperishable food
– Personal hygiene items
– Baby diapers
– Sanitary towels
– Clothes in good condition
– Medicines
– Blankets and sheets
– Mats
The Ministry of Health reported that it has provided medical care to nearly 5,000 people affected in Cumanacoa and that it will hold ophthalmology and optometry sessions for those who lost their glasses during the tragedy.
Testimonies of those affected
Hector Esparragoza, a resident of the La Fragua sector, one of the most affected communities, explained in an interview for Radio Faith and Joy the magnitude of the consequences that those living in the area are experiencing.
“We are saving what we can, what was left flooded. There were people who stayed in their houses and the river swept them away,” said Esparragoza.
The citizen said that the rain began very late at night and by early morning on July 2, residents were already fleeing, so they had no chance to take anything from their homes.
“It’s all over, this place is gone, we can’t live here,” said Myriam García, also a resident of La Fragua, to the same media outlet.
Those affected complained that they have not received sufficient attention from the national authorities. They pointed out that compared to 2012, when the river also overflowed in the town, the attention has been more precarious.
“They haven’t helped us like they did in 2012, when we had everything without asking so many questions,” explained Francisco Gaitán, another affected person in Cumanacoa.
Related news
#thousand #people #affected #people #died #due #flooding #Manzanares #River #Sucre
2024-07-12 18:32:42