It’s hard to hit the nail on the head with three players pumping out almost $ 80 million a year, so the Celtics will be slightly more red than green this season. Choice assumed on the part of the front office by recovering the veteran Al Horford, very expensive but perhaps more useful than one wants to believe to advance the young shoots of Massachusetts.
A little practical guide to Salary Cap and the Exceptions
Financial situation in relation to the course
- The Luxury Tax threshold is set at $ 136,606,000 this year.
- The NBA Salary Cap is set at $ 112,414,000 this year.
- With 148,983,802$ contractually committed to this 2021-22 season, the Celtics are clearly not the majors of the promo. Three contracts max or almost that ruins you a grid of wages and if you want to surround your cracks, well we let you finish the sentence. A hard time to pass before the beautiful days, well that’s what they all say.
Players with guaranteed contracts for the following season: 4
- Jayson Tatum
- Jaylen Brown
- Marcus Smart
- Robert Williams III
Big-up to the FO who has managed to keep the big Robert for five years and less and the Captain Smart at a reasonable price as well, and for the rest the little young people will have to prove themselves to know whether or not they deserve to be part of the project. Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown have seen themselves pass the rope around their necks and it is quite logical, and the rest of the roster will this year have the air of general joker (Richardson, Schroder, Hernangomez…).
Three players in interesting situations this season
- Al Horford : The party will soon be over for Uncle Al, who is entering the final year of a smoking contract signed the year he arrived in Philadelphia. Useful +++ in Boston then on the streets in Pennsylvania and not in his element in Oklahoma, Alain is back with the Celtics to serve as a relay for Ime Udoka and bring all his science to a racquet that has been lacking since his departure. The end of the road for the five-time All-Star, who will clearly not have the right to such payslips next season but who will perhaps allow the C’s to put the binder they lacked on both sides of the field . Enjoy Alou, and we hope you put some tunasse aside.
- Dennis Schroder : We talked about it, we talked about it again and we even rambled on about it: Dennis Schroder therefore refused an offer to 80 million Lakers piur finally find himself less than … 6 million in Boston. After the operation that everyone is doing in their own mind, let’s see the positf (for Boston) and let’s argue that this year the C’s will therefore have a player border 6MOY for a bite of bread, and that the minimum wage or almost for Dennis goes probably allow him to play without pressure and to redo the icing before going to hunt for a new contract next summer. We therefore wish him to close a few mouths and especially to be better in negotiation in nine months, but whatever happens Schroder is now the owner of one of the most interesting contracts in the League for a franchise.
- Romeo Langford, Payton Pritchard, Grant Williams et Aron Nesmith : the youth of the Greens is no longer so green and the long-awaited turn has now arrived. We are talking about players drafted by the Celtics and brought to be part of a short-term project, a project of which they… will not be part if the season which begins in eleven days is not satisfactory. Here we are more or less quiet for Aron Nesmith, who could even recover a starting slot and live with it, we are divided on the case of Payton Pritchard, who nevertheless seems to please Brad Stevens a lot, but we are. much less for the cubic Grant Williams, used for two years as a solid but limited piston, and for Romeo Langford, whose flow has so far only equaled the time it takes to launch his career. Anyway, the Celtics will have the opportunity during the season to lift the options on these four players and one thing is certain, they will not do it for the whole gang, because a young… well it gets old.