The 2022/23 UEFA Europa Conference League play-off draw was broadcast live from 2pm on 2 August. It took place at the House of European Football in Nyon (Switzerland).
Which teams were in the draw?
The entry list is subject to change by UEFA.
There were two draws: champions lane and main lane.
way of champions
NK Maribor (SVN) – CFR 1907 Cluj (ROU)
RFS (LVA) – Linfield FC (NIR)
KKS Lech Poznan (POL) – F91 Diddeleng (LUX)
FC Skopje 1927 (MKD) – Balkans (KOS)
HŠK Zrinjski (BIH) – SK Slovan Bratislava (SVK)
PFC CSKA-Sofia (BUL) – FC Basel 1893 (SUI)
FC Vaduz (LIE) – SK Rapid Vienna (AUT)
Raków Czestochowa (POL) – SK Slavia Prague (CZE)
Djurgården IF (SWE) 3-0 APOEL FC (CYP)
Maccabi Tel-Aviv FC (ISR) – OGC Nice (FRA)
University of Craiova (ROU) – Hapoel Beer-Sheva FC (ISR)
Istanbul Basaksehir FK (TUR) – Royal Antwerp FC (BEL)
Football Club FCSB (ROU) – Viking FK (NOR)
FK Partizan (SRB) – Hamrun Spartans FC (MLT)
ACF Fiorentina (ITA) – FC Twente (NED)
Villarreal CF (ESP) – HNK Hajduk Split (CRO)
1. FC Cologne (GER) – Fehérvár FC (HUN)
West Ham United FC (ENG) – Viborg FF (DEN)
BSC Young Boys (SUI) – RSC Anderlecht (BEL)
1. FC Slovácko (CZE) – AIK (SWE)
Molde FK (NOR) – Wolfsberger AC (AUT)
AZ Alkmaar (NED) – Gil Vicente FC (BY)
In boldthe teams that were seeded
Operation of the draw
way of champions
• Teams eliminated in the third qualifying round of the UEFA Europa League were seeded.
• The balls containing the names of the seeded teams were placed in one hat and the balls containing the names of the unseeded teams were placed in another hat. A scoop was taken from each hat and placed in a large empty bowl in the middle, where the two scoops were shuffled. The first team drawn will play at home in the first leg.
• The clubs were divided into two hats, seeded and non-seeded, according to their ranking in the club coefficient established at the start of the season. As the third qualifying round double ties were not completed before the draw, the coefficient of the club with the higher coefficient of the two clubs in a double tie was used for the purpose of the draw.
• Teams could still be split into groups with an equal number of seeded and unseeded teams. All clubs were then given a random number, for example 1 to 4 for seeded teams and 5 to 8 for unseeded teams. The balls containing the numbers of the seeded teams were placed in one bowl and the balls containing the numbers of the unseeded teams were placed in another bowl. A ball was taken from each bowl and placed in an empty bowl, where they were mixed. Both balls have been opened and the first number drawn will go home. This result applies to all groups containing the same number of teams. The same procedure was performed with the remaining balls to complete the draw.
• Teams from the same association cannot be drawn against each other. Further restrictions were announced ahead of the draw.
And the next…
The matches take place on August 18 and 25, with extra time and a penalty shoot-out if necessary after the second leg.
The winners qualify for the UEFA Europa Conference League group stage, where they are joined by the teams from the UEFA Europa League play-offs.
Conference League schedule
First qualifying round: 7 and 14 July
Second qualifying round: 21 and 28 July
Third qualifying round: 4 and 11 August 2022
Play-offs: August 18 and 25, 2022
Second qualifying round: June 15
Third qualifying round: 18 July
Play-offs: August 2
Group stage: August 26 (4 p.m.)
Play-offs for the knockout stage: November 7
Round of 16: February 24
Quarters and semi-finals: March 17
*All draws at 2 p.m.except where noted
Day 1: September 8, 2022
Day 2: September 15, 2022
Day 3: October 6, 2022
Day 4: October 13, 2022
Day 5: October 27, 2022
Day 6: November 3, 2022
Play-offs for the knockout stage: February 16 and 23, 2023
Eighth: March 9 and 16, 2023
Quarters: April 13 and 20, 2023
Semi-finals: May 11 and 18, 2023
Finale : June 7, 2023