Updated on 04/01/2021 02:59 pm
Didn’t you know about this trick WhatsApp? Well now it’s time to learn and apply it. Around 2020 the fast messaging application has added tools for all kinds of tastes such as stickers animated, “dark mode”, disappearing messages, improvements in calls and video calls, and more. Well, now we bring a new section.
However, every so often, in order not to lose anything at all, we tend to back up our conversations from WhatsApp in order to avoid writing to someone in case we have lost a photo or video.
Despite this, if you delete the application by carelessness or simply by mistake and have not made a backup of your chats, you may have lost them for a lifetime.
Did you know that there is a salvation? If you made a mistake and erased WhatsApp, you have this simple option to be able to have all your messages as you left them the last time. Do you want to do it? Follow this tutorial.
HOW TO RETRIEVE YOUR WHATSAPP MESSAGES WITHOUT BACKUP
The trick is quite simple, but you will need to have a little patience. Remember not to use third-party applications as they can steal information from your WhatsApp and even view your conversations:
- The first thing you should do is enter your cell phone files.
- There, look for the WhatsApp folder, which is the one in the last position.
- When you do, go to the Databases folder.
- In that section you will see a file called msgstore.db.crypt12.
- Now replace the name as follows: msgstore-year-month-day.1.db.crypt12, that is, with the exact date you want to restore, in this case today.
- In the case that the file with the title msgstore-year-month-day.1.db.crypt12 already exists, you will have to delete it so that it allows you to continue without problems.
- Once these steps are done, reinstall WhatsApp on your cell phone.
- There it will offer you the option to “Restore”, in this way all your conversations with your deleted chats that you did not make backup will be loaded again.
- Finally receive the verification code on your cell phone as a text message.
In case you have saved a backup before you have accidentally deleted WhatsApp, then you can restore it in the traditional way without losing any information.
Currently WhatsApp is waiting for it to be updated in order to improve its performance on the mobile device. Do you want to be beta? The first to receive this type of news will be the subscribed users. At the moment the vacancies are closed, but it is expected that more places will open this year.