A young woman left for dead opens her eyes when she is about to be embalmed | Global World Blog

One of the greatest nightmares imaginable has come true in a funeral home in the State of Michigan (USA). A woman who had been pronounced dead by doctors was actually still alive hours after the ruling of her death. It was discovered by a funeral company operator who had been assigned to embalm the body of Timesha Beauchamp, a 20-year-old girl with cerebral palsy. The case has been reported by her family.

The strange events began around 7:30 a.m. (12:30 p.m. PST) when emergency services received a warning: a woman was lying in a house in Southfield, northwest of Detroit, unconscious, according to the fire department. and pick up The New York Times. The call, according to the family’s attorney, Geoffrey Fieger, a lawyer known for his appearance in the US media, was made by Timesha’s relatives.

According to a first statement from the firefighters, the emergency team found the young woman, who was later identified, in respiratory arrest, they tried to revive her for 30 minutes after which “given the conditions of the patient”, they determined that she did not show signs of life.

In an interview with a television station, The young woman’s mother, Erica Lattimore, has reported that at that time the emergency technicians told her that her daughter had died. “They told me: ‘ma’am, he’s passed away.” When asking for confirmation of the harsh news, the technicians gave it to him, he assured.

The office ofl MédThe Oakland County Coroner then determined that the body be made available to the family without the need for an autopsy, according to the AP agency.

On the same Sunday morning, Timesha’s body was taken to the James H. Cole Funeral Home. It had been in a body bag for two hours now. There, according to the account of the family lawyer, an employee discovered that the young woman was alive, breathing and had her eyes open. At that time, they notified her mother and sent her to the hospital, where last Monday she was in critical condition and on assisted respiration.

The Southfield Fire Service released last Monday a second statement in which they indicated that an emergency service doctor had declared the patient dead based on information provided by the technicians who had come to Timesha’s house.

The family lawyer has commented that the young woman’s godmother, a nurse, was present when the medical services arrived at the house and that she told them that she believed that Timesha was still breathing and had a pulse. “They were going to embalm her if she didn’t have her eyes open, which is terrifying,” he said.

In an appearance last Wednesday, fire chief Johnny L. Menifee pointed out that they had undertaken an investigation to determine the error, which could have been fatal, and that the technicians who assisted the young woman, two paramedics and two firefighters, had been suspended from employment, not from salary.


Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.