Key Point :
- Common skin changes during pregnancy include: hormonal rash and specific rash in pregnant women which have different symptoms and characteristics of the disease Since the symptoms do not affect the baby Until it can cause miscarriage.
- hormonal rash There will be changes in the skin, hair, nails, connective tissue, and blood vessels.
- while the specific rash inpregnant women can be found from the first trimester until after pregnancy The symptoms vary greatly. And some diseases affect the fetus, so mothers should keep an eye on the symptoms. If itching is severe, yellow skin should see a doctor as soon as possible.
Dr. Sasima Thamruja, MD. institute of dermatology Explained in the program Know about skin problems of the Institute of Dermatology about skin diseaseIn pregnant women, stating that skin changes during pregnancy include: hormonal rash and specific rash in pregnant women
for hormonal rash There will be changes in the skin, hair, nails, connective tissue and blood vessels as follows:
- The skin is usually dark on the skin of the abdomen. It can be seen that during pregnancy, the estrogen hormone increases. Causing a set of blemishes in the front area as well
- Hair will look like hirsutism. hair loss after pregnancy which can be found up to 15 months after birth
- Nails, thickening nails, flaking nails, and nails that break easily.
- Veins can cause bruising, red palms, and vascular tumors. harmless can be cured after giving birth
- connective tissue due to collagen abnormalities causing the skin to crack which will get better after giving birth
specific rash in pregnant women
While specific rashes in pregnant women are divided into 3 trimesters:
Allergies will be found during pregnancy. The symptoms are red rashes, flaky, scratch marks. It affects the mother, which is the rash often disappears after delivery. But it does not affect the baby. The treatment is nourishing cream, low-concentration steroids, and antipruritic drugs. This disease has no complications in mothers and babies. In addition to the mother’s itching and discomfort, the diagnosis is clinical, there is no need for a biopsy to be examined.
1. The rash in intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy is without obvious skin lesions. The patient will have itching on the palms, soles of the feet, spreading all over the body, scratch marks, yellow skin, rashes usually disappear after birth. The impact on the baby is premature birth. stressful baby condition And there may be an abortion while pregnant. The treatment is to use Ursodeoxycholic acid to reduce the bile acids. reduce infant mortality
2. Pemphigoid blister disease is hives rash Water blisters, scratch marks, and scaly rashes usually disappear after birth. The impact on the baby is premature birth. Underweight and 10% of babies may have water blisters. Treatment is steroid medication, antipruritic cream, nourishing cream. Diagnosis requires a biopsy to check if there is a split layer of the skin that causes it. Blisters to confirm the diagnosis
- 3rd trimester- after pregnancy
The disease that can be found is Polymorphic eruption of pregnancy. Symptoms are hives, clear blisters, red, flaky rashes. The rash usually disappears after giving birth. And no effect on the baby. Treatment is steroid medication, antipruritic and nourishing cream.
“These diseases are specific to pregnant women only. and after pregnancy Most diseases will disappear by themselves, but the 3 main diseases that may return are skin allergies. pemphigoid blister disease and polymorphic eruption of pregnancy, while intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy in which the patient is very itchy and yellow Causing the baby to die while pregnant. It needs to be diagnosed and treated urgently to reduce the fetal mortality rate.”
behavior preliminary treatment
Preliminary treatment, Dr. Sasima recommends applying skin cream to keep it moisturized enough. Reduce the rate of itching. If there is a blister, it is recommended to use a mild steroid medication. And if itching, take anti-itch medication. It is advisable to see a doctor for proper diagnosis. and receive proper treatment because some drugs can not be used by pregnant women
“For drugs that treat skin diseases that are contraindicated in pregnant women are vitamin A topical drugs. cause side effects on the baby In the part of oral medicine, it is vitamin A acid, some types of autoimmune acid drugs. Some antibiotics, therefore, the use of drugs during pregnancy Whether skin disease or non-skin disease Should be treated under medical supervision. because it can affect children.”
genetics and skin disease
At the same time, from the question Whether genetics is involved in dermatitis in pregnant women is largely irrelevant, as most dermatitis is caused by hormonal changes. But there is one disease that can cause itching and yellowing, namely intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy, which is a hereditary disease with a dominant gene.
“Therefore, there are 2 diseases that need special attention: pemphigoid blister disease Causing premature birth, water blister, small baby and intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy disease must be treated promptly.
Can pregnant women do laser?
Dr. Sasima said that during pregnancy, laser treatment is not recommended. But after pregnancy during breastfeeding Can be done without contraindications because there is no clear medical information that laser treatment will have an accumulation of energy that will pass into breast milk or not. Therefore can But avoid injecting fillers such as fillers, wrinkle reducers and Meso to dissolve fat until breastfeeding is stopped
“For the use of skincare in pregnant women It is recommended to use a skin cream. sufficient moisturizer apply protective sun cream because during pregnancy more high hormones There are more chances of melasma, so sunscreen is very necessary, ”said Dr. Sasima.
#skin #moms #careful #pregnant #laser