Sport Coronavirus: Conor McGregor donates € 1 million to protect...

Coronavirus: Conor McGregor donates € 1 million to protect Irish caregivers

-

A bully with a tender heart. Fierce in the octagon and self-centered outside, Conor McGregor is not indifferent to what is going on around him and to the epidemic of Covid-19 which is now raging in Europe. Thus, the Irish star of MMA announced Wednesday on Twitter to donate one million euros to buy protective equipment to healthcare workers in his country who are fighting against the coronavirus pandemic.

“Today I am buying personal protective equipment for a million euros which will be distributed to all hospitals in the Leinster region involved in the fight,” McGregor said on the social network. The region is “the most affected” by the disease, he said.

“I have the impression that we are taking the right path”

Its publication is a response to the letter he received from the Minister of Finance, in which Paschal Donohoe urged him to convince his 7.9 million followers to practice social distancing, intended to slow the spread of the coronavirus.

“I feel like we’re going the right way, but I just feel like we’re not going all the way,” McGregor wrote to the government of the Republic of Ireland. “I implore you: go to the end!” Thoroughly is the term we should use in these circumstances. Step by step will cost us lives, “said the MMA star.

VIDEO. MMA: eventful return for Conor McGregor

In the United Kingdom, there are 434 dead and 8,317 people tested positive for Covid-19, while Boris Johnson announced a national confinement for at least 3 weeks of the United Kingdom. Worldwide, the coronavirus has caused more than 20,500 deaths and nearly 450,000 contaminations, according to a count made Wednesday by AFP, from official sources.

Advertisements

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Latest news

Roland Garros could change dates to play earlier in Rome

Roland Garros, the unofficial clay tennis world championship, now scheduled for September 20 to October 4, could start a...

Green light to start the World Cup in Austria on July 5

The Austrian government gave the go ahead this Saturday at the start of the Formula 1 championship at the...

Covid-19: 13 more dead and 257 infected in Portugal. Government reinforces measures in the metropolitan area of ​​Lisbon – News

According to this Saturday's epidemiological bulletin, Portugal now records 1,396 deaths due to covid-19, in a total of 32,203...

Must read

Roland Garros could change dates to play earlier in Rome

Roland Garros, the unofficial clay tennis world championship, now...

Green light to start the World Cup in Austria on July 5

The Austrian government gave the go ahead this Saturday...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you