22 ene 2022 15:28 GMT
Washington denied having promised not to expand the Atlantic Alliance, but, in fact, in 1990, the then Secretary of State of the North American country guaranteed that “the jurisdiction of NATO and its military forces will not move an inch to the east.”
The Russian Foreign Ministry public This Saturday a statement commented on the “facts” exposed by the US State Department in its report called ‘Fact versus Fiction: Russian Disinformation about Ukraine’, released on January 20.
In this way, the Russian Foreign Ministry has responded to each point of Washington’s remarks.
According to the US State Department, Russia invaded Ukraine in 2014, occupies Crimea and controls the Armed Forces in Donbass.
- The US and other NATO countries provoked the Ukrainian crisis in 2014, supporting the coup d’état and the rise to power of the nationalists. Residents of Crimea and Donbass, fearing for their own safety, did not want to live under the new government. Thus, Crimea became part of Russia again, and the Donetsk and Lugansk regions declared their independence, while Kiev unleashed a civil war against them.
What’s more, Washington claims that Moscow provoked the current crisis by deploying more than 100,000 soldiers on the border with Ukraine, without any such military action taking place on the Ukrainian side.
- The Armed Forces of Ukraine and NATO are intensifying military activity near the Russian borders and conducting large-scale multinational military exercises.
On the other hand, EE.UU. sostiene that the deployment of the Russian military near the Ukrainian border is Russia’s threat to the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine.
- Moscow regularly conducts military exercises of troops in their own territory. At the same time, the United States deploys its military forces and offensive weapons in Eastern European countries, several thousand kilometers from their national borders, thus undermining European security and strategic stability.
Among his remarks, the north american country points that Washington has provided more than 351 million dollars in humanitarian aid to Donbass since 2014 to those affected by Moscow’s aggression.
- The amount of humanitarian aid mentioned by the US is “A drop in the ocean” compared to the enormous assistance provided by Russia to the inhabitants of Donbass.
In addition, EE.UU. manifiesta that there are no credible reports that any ethnic Russian or Russian-speaking citizen has been threatened by the Ukrainian government.
- The violation of the rights of the Russian-speaking population in Ukraine has reached a huge scale. The country’s authorities are passing discriminatory laws on language and education, forcing the Russian language out of all spheres of life.
under the same line, the US government ensures that Washington is making comprehensive diplomatic efforts to resolve the situation peacefully.
- Since Moscow delivered the security proposals in mid-December, The US has been delaying negotiations on security guarantees and launched a “toxic” disinformation campaign creating an image of Russia as an “aggressor”.
Another point made by the US Department of State affirms thatNATO is a defensive alliance.
- USA carried out an operation illegal from the point of view of international law against Yugoslavia. Likewise, NATO invaded Iraq and Afghanistan and participated in the destruction of Libya, which has nothing to do with “defense” issues.
According to american government, The West has never promised that it will not expand NATO.
- On February 9, 1990, then-US Secretary of State James Baker announced “iron iron guarantees: NATO’s jurisdiction and its military forces will not move an inch to the east.” Other high-ranking Western officials have also confirmed this several times.
Finally, Washington maintains that NATO enlargement is not directed against Moscow.
- For the last 20 years, all NATO coalition capabilities have been concentrated precisely in Eastern Europe. Storage facilities for heavy equipment are being built in Eastern European NATO member states and opportunities are being provided for a foreign military presence on the territory of these states. Likewise, the number of visits to the Black Sea by warships from extra-regional powers has increased, and the Alliance constantly conducts military maneuvers near the Russian borders.