Fire brigade extinguished room fire in St. Magdalena

The Linz professional fire department and the St. Magdalena volunteer fire department were on duty in Urfahr on Wednesday evening: fire broke out on the first floor of an apartment building directly on the busy Leonfeldner Straße at around 6:30 p.m. The tenant tried to contain the flames using a hand-held fire extinguisher, but failed. There was a lot of smoke, which also affected the stairwell.

The material damage is considerable.
Image: www.fotokerschi.at | Kerschbaummayr

2 people looked after by the Samaritan Association

The approximately 30 firefighters who arrived with seven vehicles quickly managed to make the escape route smoke-free for the remaining 13 parties in the house. The fire was quickly brought under control using a C-pipe. The Linz fire department announced in the evening that 2 people were looked after by the Samaritan Association because of suspected smoke poisoning. After around an hour and a half, the emergency services were able to move in again.

ePaper

page 1

Read the ePaper now!

Read the daily ePaper edition of the OÖNachrichten – browse through it digitally now!

to the e-paper

Loading

info By clicking on the icon you can add the keyword to your topics.

info
By clicking on the icon you open your “my topics” page. They have of 15 keywords saved and would have to remove keywords.

info By clicking on the icon you can remove the keyword from your topics.

Add the topic to your topics.

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.