Inter Miami’s Lionel Messi Shines as Team Defeats FC Dallas: A Monumental Performance and Path to the Quarterfinals

2023-08-07 05:36:00

With Lionel Messi as the top figure and MVP of the match, Inter Miami came from behind and managed to beat FC Dallas in the Round of 16 of the Leagues Cup and advance to the next round. After the match, Gerardo ‘Tata’ Martino highlighted the role that the team played of him; However, he made it clear that in the coming days they will work on the errors to continue shaping the team.

“I can’t help but see the mistakes we made but I can’t be sad because at the end of the day we have to pass, we have to be categorical in the analysis of the match and the fact that we passed shouldn’t stop us from trying to keep evolving with the team. I feel that Inter Miami in 20 days has the obligation to become a great team, we have the players we have and we have great players, we are very good but the truth is that a team with only 15 is not shaped working days,” he said at a press conference.

On the other hand, the Argentine coach spoke about the role that Lionel Messi played in the match, as he excelled with a double and became the top scorer in the Leagues Cup with seven goals to his account.

“Fortunately we have him and today he was once again a tremendously decisive player. In the game most of the time there is a free kick in that sector. I think that it only happens with him that one has the feeling that a free kick is going to be a goal, normally it is not something that you think is going to be a goal in 90% but when he has it, it is the other way around, you think that 10 % will not be a goal and the rest will. We have to try to take advantage of it by playing better and not giving so many concessions, we defended badly when we fell back and defended badly when we attacked”, he expressed.

Read more:  [SNS핫피플] Japanese celebrities beneath'pig makeup', "must respect each other", etc.

It might interest you: Monumental performance by Messi! Inter Miami defeated FC Dallas and is in the Quarterfinals (VIDEO)

#Tata #Martino #advancing #Leagues #Cup #Fox #Sports

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.