Intervention, expulsion and apology .. “Kung Fu” kick raises controversy in the African Champions League

A kick in the style of the famous fighting game “Kung Fu”, sparked controversy in the African Champions League, after the end of the 32nd round matches.

The incident relates to the Tunisian Esperance match and the Libyan Al-Ittihad, which was held at the Olympic Stadium Hamadi Al-Aqrabi, in the first leg of the 32nd round of the African Champions League.

In the 74th minute of the match, Libyan Hamdo El-Huni, Esperance player, was subjected to a violent attack at the neck level by Libyan Al-Ittihad goalkeeper Moaz Al-Lafi.

The referee, Ibrahim Noureddine, immediately intervened, and the most famous red card in the face of the Libyan goalkeeper, due to the violent intervention that was close to the combat games.

The Esperance Club administration confirmed later after the match that Hamdo Al-Huni was transferred to a hospital, to confirm that his condition is stable, and that he will undergo many tests to check on him for fear of any complications.

After the match, Moaz Al-Lafi, Al-Ittihad goalkeeper, posted a picture through his personal accounts on social media, visiting Hamdo Al-Huni in the hospital.

Al-Lafi wrote: “It was not my intention to interfere with my colleague and friend Hamdou El-Huni, the Esperance player and the national team.”

And he concluded: “The shot happened in seconds, and it was the intention of my intervention on the ball, and God decreed and did what He wanted, and we thank God for his safety.”

He continued, “I offer my apologies to the player Hamdo Al-Huni and I wish him a speedy recovery.”

He concluded: “Hamdo Al-Houni is my friend before he was the opponent, and I offer my apologies to all the Arab and Libyan fans.

Crescent out of the lights

On the other hand, the Sudanese Sports Sports Channel failed to broadcast the Al Hilal match against Rivers United of Nigeria, in the second leg of the 32nd round of the African Champions League.

An official for Al Hilal Club said in press statements that the reason for not broadcasting is the Egyptian side’s request for 80,000 Egyptian pounds, in order for the broadcast vehicles to come and send the signal.

Sudanese Crescent

The Sudanese stadiums channel expressed its disappointment after its failure to transmit the match to the Sudanese public.

The channel blamed the head of the Crescent Mission, Nizar Awad, for the administrative error, for not booking the stadium with all its annexes and services, including television transmission.

Protest costs a goal

In the African Confederation Cup, a state of discontent prevailed within the Royal Moroccan Army Club, after facing the Algerian JS Kabylie in the second leg of the first round of 32.

The Royal Army lost 0-1 at home, before repeating the defeat 1-2, to qualify JS Kabylie to the second round of 32 in the Confederation with a score of 3-1.

The referee of the match, Fabricio Diart, from Cape Verde, canceled a goal for the Moroccan representative, while the result indicated a 1-1 draw, which meant his qualification if the goal was calculated.

FAR players protested strongly against the goal being canceled, so the attack turned to JS Kabylie, who managed to score his second goal.

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.