Bangkok Bank treasury revealed that the baht opened this morning at 33.45/47 baht/dollar, depreciating from yesterday evening at 33.30 baht/dollar.
This morning, the baht depreciated from yesterday. And the movement is still in the same direction as other currencies in the region, there is no important factor that will affect the direction of the baht much.
“The baht moved in the same direction as the region. Today, there are no outstanding factors, both domestically and internationally.”
Treasury managers expect that today the baht will move within the range of 33.30-33.70 baht/dollar.
THAI BAHT FIX 3M (Oct 19) is at 0.33377% while THAI BAHT FIX 6M is at 0.34911%.
- The yen was at 114.40/50 yen/dollar from yesterday evening at 114.10 yen/dollar.
- The euro was at $1.1620/1680/euro from $1.1660/euro yesterday evening.
- Baht/dollar exchange rate The BOT’s interbank weighted average stood at 33.336 baht/dollar.
- The pound strengthened against the US dollar. In trading at the New York Stock Exchange last night (Oct. 19) after the Bank of England (BoE) signaled a policy rate hike.
- New York gold futures closed positive tonight (Oct 19) on positive factors from the dollar’s depreciation. and from safe-haven buying pressure after the US released weak economic data.
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) lowered its forecast for Asia’s economic growth this year to 6.5 percent from 7.6%, warning of a new wave of COVID-19 outbreaks, supply chain problems. and inflationary pressures This will create a downtrend risk to the Asian economic growth outlook.
- The IMF has warned that the Federal Reserve’s return to normal monetary policy could cause capital outflows from emerging markets in Asia. and cause interest rates to rise
- The U.S. Commerce Department said homebuilding starts fell 1.6 percent in September to 1.555 million units, the lowest level since April. The start of building a house has been affected by the rise in building material prices. and labor shortage
- The People’s Bank of China (PBOC) left the one-year customer good loan (LPR) rate at 3.85% today and the five-year LPR rate at 4.65% today. Two types in a row for the 18th month
- U.S. economic data due this week include weekly unemployment claims, Philadelphia Fed October production, September second-hand home sales, managers’ index. Purchasing Department (PMI) Monthly Services Sector Oct. from Markit and Purchasing Managers Index (PMI) Oct. from Markit
By InfoQuest News Agency (20 Oct. 64)