Spinach is characterized by being rich in vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals. Likewise, it acts as an antioxidant and contains anti-inflammatory properties, which is why they are a great ally for the immune system.
Similarly, the portal better with health It discloses other characteristics of spinach and they are the following:
- It is a good source of omega 3 fatty acids.
- It is composed mostly of water.
- It is high in protein.
- It contains few carbohydrates.
- It is rich in calcium, iron, potassium, phosphorus and magnesium.
- Contains vitamins A, E, K, C and vitamins of group B.
However, the best way to consume them is raw, since it has fewer calories and better retains folic acid. In addition, it maintains its crunchy texture and has the following benefits:
- Regulates blood pressure: Due to its high potassium content, spinach is a great ally for people who have high blood pressure, since this mineral regulates blood pressure.
- Protects the brain: According to several studies, the folate offered by spinach can reduce the appearance of Alzheimer’s. It also contains other neurological benefits.
- Strengthens the bones: Since spinach is a source of copper, magnesium, phosphorus and zinc, they help build strong bones. In addition, because it is rich in vitamin K, it works to retain calcium in the bones.
- Strengthens muscles: Spinach is an essential food for strengthening the muscles in the body, specifically those that accompany the heart, which continuously pump blood.
Nutritional information per 100 grams (g) of raw spinach
- Energy: 23 kcal
- Carbohydrate: 3,63 g
- Proteins: 2,86 g
- Fats: 0,39 g
- Fibras: 2,2 g
- Soccer: 99 mg
- Hierro: 2,71 mg
- Potassium: 558 mg
- Magnesium: 79 mg
- Phosphor: 49 mg
- Betacarotene: 5626 mcg
- Vitamin A: 469 mcg
- Vitamin C: 28,1 mg
- Vitamin E: 2,08 mg
- Vitamin K1: 482,9 mcg
- Folic acid: 194 mcg
Natural remedies to cleanse the colon
Cleaning the colon, as well as the kidneys and other organs of the body, is an essential part of the correct functioning of the organism. Therefore, there are different ways to cleanse and detoxify the body to eliminate all those substances that cause harm to it. Many of these are done from medical procedures and others from home remedies.
Due to the above, the portal better with health has released a series of natural remedies that work as a detox to eliminate all the toxins that accumulate in the colon and, in addition, help to maintain good hydration:
Flaxseed, papaya and aloe vera
- 1 glass of water.
- 2 papaya slices.
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseeds.
- 2 tablespoons of aloe crystals.
- 1 teaspoon of unflavored gelatin.
Preparation: Initially, one tablespoon of flaxseeds should be incorporated into a glass of water and allowed to steep overnight. After obtaining this thick and gelatinous drink, process in the blender together with the papaya, the aloe vera and the gelatin. This mixture should be a homogeneous drink.
Sea salt and warm water
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- 1 glass of water.
Preparation: You should dilute a tablespoon of sea salt in a glass of warm water and then proceed to consume it. It is important to avoid drinking more than one cup a day, as it can cause stomach problems and dehydration.
Now, from the consumption of certain foods you can also cleanse the colon. The Spanish list some of them:
- Apple: This fruit promotes colon cleansing thanks to its pectin content, a substance that eliminates all toxins from the colon, favoring the intestinal lining. It is also a food rich in fiber, so it relieves the digestive tract of obstructions.
- Avocado: One of the best options to optimize digestion is to consume avocado daily. This food has soluble and insoluble fibers that promote bowel movements and help cleanse the natural colon.
- Spinach: Generally, all green leafy vegetables support the digestive system. As additional information, the more intense the green color of these foods is, the more benefits are obtained from them.
- Prebiotics: both the consumption of yams, as well as tubers and other legumes, are ideal for purifying toxins from the body. The best time to consume them is at dinner.