The Société d’Aménagement et de Promotion de la Station de Taghazout (SAPST) has unveiled the list of winners of the first promotion of Madaëf Eco6, an initiative to support entrepreneurship and the development of ecosystems in tourist projects and destinations de Madaëf, Tourism Branch of the CDG Group.
Confirming its local reach, the first edition dedicated to Taghazout Bay collected more than 160 applications from start-ups, craftsmen and small businesses, a majority (60%) from the Souss Massa region.
At the end of a first stage of pre-selection of 35 candidates, an evaluation committee was held on January 7 and 8, 2021. The jury for this edition, made up of the main partners of SAPST as part of the program and independent experts, therefore evaluated the shortlisted and selected 16 Laureates taking into account the relevance of their project, their ability to meet the needs of the resort and its tourist assets, as well as their integration in the sustainable approach of Taghazout Bay.
In line with the universes of the Taghazout Bay resort, the projects selected concerned diversified sectors that create value for the resort. The projects concern the sectors of events, and sports animation (4 projects), nautical and outdoor activities, in particular to promote the discovery of the hinterland, (4 projects), crafts and local products (3 projects), catering (3 projects), sustainable development (1 project) and new technologies (1 project).
The list of winning projects of the Taghazout Bay edition of the Madaëf Eco6 program is detailed below:
- INES EVENTS: organization of an international exhibition dedicated to Surfing
- MARC PERFOR: design of events and an outdoor games platform
- CHEMS AYOUR: support for the resort in its entertainment program through the production of events and the development of sports animation concepts
- GC SPORTS: production of eco-responsible sports events
- TZZIL STATION NATURE: creation of outdoor activities promoting the discovery of the resort’s hinterland, around the dimensions of Nature, Sport and Culture
- NAVIGATION SCHOOL: creation of a sailing school
- TERRES D’ARGANIER: creation of an animation project based around an educational farm, a museum of renewable energies and a leisure area
- COOPERATIVE TISSALIWINE: cooperative promoting local products
- COOPERATIVE TIFAOUT: cooperative promoting local products
- TAGHAZOUT ECOSHOP: development of an Ecoshop offering workshops to visitors around Crafts
- TAGHAZOUT BAY LEISURE: project aiming to create links between the resort and the local populations
- GRANECO: coffee grounds recycling project, to produce small fuel logs and ecological furniture
- A MILLION LIGHTS: concept of healthy salad bar and crêperie, with strong social sensitivity
- UCCI: ecological restoration project
- POKAWAI’I: healthy catering project, focused on the concept of Hawaiian poke bowl
- WALAA: Smart City application based on QR codes in the resort and its units
In addition, 5 other additional projects, which caught the Jury’s attention, would potentially be included in the program following a more in-depth review of their relevance for the station.
The winners of this first Madaëf Eco6 promotion will benefit from full support which will include plenary training sessions and individualized coaching with experts and access to markets, bank financing, co-working spaces, as well as to a wide range of exclusive Eco6 advantages.
A third edition was launched as part of the “Madaëf Eco6” initiative, dedicated to the Saïdia Resorts resort.
The call for projects is held from January 12 to February 22 via the platform ” www.madaef-eco6.ma ».