The local epidemic is severe, with more than 30,000 confirmed cases today. The university is about to enter the graduation exhibition season from next week, and the oral examination for admission will also begin. Due to the insufficient epidemic prevention capacity of the university, the outside world is worried that the campus may become a breach of epidemic prevention. The Ministry of Education stated on the evening of this (5th) that it is not necessary to apply to the Ministry of Education, but it should ensure the effectiveness of students’ learning.
In response to recent reports from universities, teachers and parents, the number of students diagnosed in colleges and universities has continued to increase, and they are worried that the epidemic situation on campus is getting more and more serious, and the school can no longer bear the burden. The Ministry of Education mentioned that recently, it has invited the heads of national colleges and universities for epidemic prevention twice to discuss the practical experience and assistance needs of various schools in implementing epidemic prevention operations, clarify relevant operational details, and discuss and provide relevant assistance measures.
The Ministry of Education pointed out that there are three principles to follow for school practices:
1. Adjust the teaching mode in response to the demand for epidemic prevention accommodation
(1) According to the Ministry of Education’s “Standards for Suspension of Physical Courses in Schools Due to the Severe Special Infectious Pneumonia (COVID-19) Epidemic”, schools should implement the suspension of physical courses for the whole school, except that staff and students should conduct “self-health monitoring” , the number of days of school suspension will also depend on the results of the actual epidemic investigation and risk assessment.
(2) However, if the school is unable to accommodate the dormitory capacity due to the sudden increase in the number of students who are diagnosed or the number of people living apart in a short period of time and cannot take into account the living needs of other students, the school may adjust the teaching method for the whole school’s physical courses and notify the Ministry of Education. . In the future, depending on the situation of dormitory capacity adjustment, physical courses will be resumed in due course.
2. Conduct epidemic prevention lectures and drills
(1) In order to reduce the impact on school teaching, the life of teachers and students, and the community environment, the school should give priority to small-scale and gradual epidemic prevention drills for teaching and epidemic prevention drills. First, use the weekly class time to conduct batches, Adjustment of teaching methods at intervals or in rotation does not need to be notified to the Ministry of Education.
(2) If the school conducts epidemic prevention drills for the whole school, the whole hospital or the whole department (institution), it will take one to two weeks as a principle; if it exceeds two weeks, please notify the Ministry of Education of the teaching epidemic prevention drill plan in advance.
3. The course implements distance teaching
The school can authorize the teaching teacher to return home for home care or home isolation when a student is diagnosed or separated in a class, considering that it is near the end of the semester, in order to prevent students from running back and forth, after discussing with the students, according to the college or above. The measures for the implementation of distance teaching stipulate that the implementation of distance teaching until the end of the semester does not need to notify the Ministry of Education, but the effectiveness of students’ learning should be ensured.