(Updated with futures, Harley-Davidson, official announcement from EW Scripps, FedEx)
PARIS, Sept. 24 (Reuters) – Main stocks to watch Thursday on Wall Street, where futures on major indices widened their losses on the news of an unexpected increase in jobless claims in the United States and now foreshadow a decline of around 0.6% for the Dow Jones
* ACCENTURE ACN.N – The title fell by nearly 5% in pre-market transactions after the publication of quarterly results and a turnover forecast for the current quarter below the market consensus.
* TESLA TSLA.O loses 4% in pre-market trading and is therefore heading for a third consecutive session of decline after the disappointment caused by the presentations of the “Battery Day” organized by the manufacturer of electric cars.
* NIKOLA NKLA.O – The designer of electric utility vehicles still loses 7.8% in pre-market trading after an unfavorable analysis rating from Wedbush, which lowered its recommendation to “underperformance” against “neutral”.
* HARLEY-DAVIDSON HOG.N – The manufacturer announced on Thursday that it was stopping its manufacturing and marketing activities in India, the world’s largest motorcycle market, for lack of being able to take a sufficient position there.
* AIRLINES – The Trump administration will consider passing a presidential executive order to help the industry, White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow said Wednesday evening.
* EW SCRIPPS SSP.O – The media group announced on Thursday that it has completed the buyout of ION Media for $ 2.65 billion (€ 2.28 billion) with the financial support of BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY BRKa.N, via a reserved capital increase of 600 million. EW Scripps shares jumped nearly 38% in pre-market trading.
* ORACLE ORCL.N , WALMART WMT.N – The Chinese group ByteDance has applied for an authorization to export high technologies from the authorities in Beijing in order to conclude the agreement negotiated with the two American groups on the social network TikTok.
* SUNWORKS SUNW.O and POLAR POWER POLA.O, two specialists in renewable energies, are up sharply in pre-market trading after the announcement by the State of California of its intention to ban the sale of gasoline or diesel cars. Sunworks soars over 500%, Polar Power over 150%.
* CHEVRON CVX.N – Scotiabank lowered its recommendation to “industry performance” versus “outperformance”.
* EXXON MOBIL XOM.N – Scotiabank upgraded its recommendation to “industry performance” against “underperformance”.
* FEDEX FDX.N Stifel raised his recommendation on the value to “buy” versus “keep”, deeming the express delivery and logistics group to be one of the winners of the pandemic.