The skin is one of the organs in which the passing of the years is most reflected. It is inevitable that wrinkles do not appear and the epidermis loses firmness. These changes may be related to environmental factors, genetics, nutrition, among other causes.
According to Medline Plus, the US National Library of Medicine website, with aging the skin becomes thinner, it will appear paler and spots may appear in those areas that are more exposed to the sun.
Due to the above, many people turn to treatments that reduce the signs of aging on the skin, especially uncomfortable wrinkles. Even specialized beauty media such as Panorama have reported different ways to maintain healthy and smooth skin.
On this occasion, the portal explained how to make a tonic for the epidermis based on vitamin C, which has a large amount of antioxidants that help reduce wrinkles, reduce spots and produce collagen.
To do it you need:
Half a cup of water, half a tablespoon of vitamin C powder and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
Preparation and use:
1. Add the water, vitamin C and apple cider vinegar to a container.
2. Stir until all the ingredients are properly integrated.
3. Pour into a spray bottle, preferably dark so that it does not oxidize the vitamin C.
4. Apply the toner on the face and the neck at night with the help of cotton.
You should not go out in the sun with toner on, since stains can be generated. For this reason, you must be strict with the use of sunscreen.
In addition to the above, according to information from the American Academy of Dermatology, cited by Better To Health, there are some skin care habits that could preserve the youth of the dermis for longer.
- Consumption of vitamins C and E: these vitamins are essential to keep the skin smooth; however, if the food has not been consumed long before the age of 40, it may not be possible to stop the skin deterioration.
- Serum: Although not many people use them, the serum is a good ally to have smooth skin. It should be applied before the moisturizing cream and those with a high vitamin content or those that have repairing effects are recommended.
- Cleaning: Both in the morning and at night, you have to carry out a beauty routine that cleans impurities and helps regenerate the cells of the face. This can be done with warm water, neutral soap and plenty of water. It is also possible to use a make-up remover suitable for the type of skin you have.
- Drink more water: At all stages of life, drinking water is essential. However, after the age of 40, its consumption should be increased to decrease dehydration of the skin and help with its firmness.
- Solar protection: According to the National Library of Medicine of the United States, the coloration or spots can also be due to “exposure to the sun or other sources of ultraviolet light”, so sunscreen becomes a mandatory element for skin care. When applying it, do not forget the area of the neckline and neck.