War in Israel: Ground Offensive Imminent in Gaza Strip” or “Latest Updates: Israel Strikes Back After Hamas Attacks

2023-10-10 05:52:00
HomePolitics

Israel attacks several targets in the Gaza Strip after Hamas attacks. The time frame for a ground offensive is clear. The news ticker.

Krieg in Israel: Signs of a ground offensive in the Gaza Strip are increasingretribution for the deaths of several Trailer: Hezbollah fires rocketsThe information processed here comes from international media and news agencies, but also from Israel. The situation cannot currently be fully understood. Therefore, not all information about the war in Israel can be immediately independently verified.

Update from October 10th, 7:50 a.m.: The Israeli military is calling on Palestinians who want to seek safety from the air strikes in the Gaza Strip to flee to Egypt. “I am aware that the Rafah border crossing is still open,” Richard Hecht, chief military spokesman, told the press, referring to the crossing on the border between the Gaza Strip and Egypt. “I would advise anyone who can get out to get out.” The Israeli military is responding to the large-scale attack by Hamas over the weekend with massive air strikes. The deployment of Israeli ground troops in the Gaza Strip is also expected.

War in Israel: Palestinians kill Israeli officer

Update from October 10th, 7:00 a.m.: An Israel Defense Forces (IDF) officer has been killed after an “encounter” with Palestinian militants near the northern border with Lebanon, according to reports CNN citing Israeli hospital officials reported. The 40-year-old officer from the northern district of Yanoach-Jat was initially taken to hospital in critical condition, the Galilee Medical Center said in a statement. “He was rushed to the operating theater and doctors fought for his life but unfortunately they had to declare him dead,” it said.

Israel said it was carrying out “extensive” airstrikes on numerous Hamas positions in the Gaza Strip. The IDF said it would provide more details about the attacks soon. The counterstrikes were previously announced by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

Ground offensive in the Gaza Strip: Israel announces retaliation

Update from October 10th, 5:00 a.m.: After the devastating attacks by Hamas terrorists on Israel, there are increasing signs of an impending Israeli ground offensive in the Gaza Strip. Israel ordered the complete closure of the area, which is only 40 kilometers long and six to twelve kilometers wide, while the army mobilized 300,000 reservists. “What Hamas will experience will be harsh and terrible. We are only at the beginning,” Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said and vowed revenge. People in Israel have been told to stock up on enough food, water and medicine. The military said supplies should last at least 72 hours.

Meanwhile, the heads of state and government of Germany, France, Italy, Great Britain and the USA have pledged their full support to Israel in the face of the major attack by the radical Islamic group Hamas. “Our countries support Israel in its efforts to defend itself and its people against such atrocities,” they said after a joint phone call on Monday evening. They further condemned “unequivocally” Hamas’s “horrific acts of terrorism.”

War in Israel: Hezbollah fires rockets

Update from October 9th, 10:15 p.m.: Hezbollah in Lebanon has fired rockets at Israel in retaliation for the deaths of several supporters. Israel’s army responded with artillery fire, the military announced on Monday evening. There were initially no reports of victims. Hezbollah described the rocket attack on Israeli positions as a response to the deaths of several of its own supporters. The Shiite organization had previously announced that three fighters had died as a result of “Zionist aggression”.

Israel has carried out airstrikes in the Gaza Strip in response to the massive attack by Hamas. © Mohammed Talatene/dpa

War in the Middle East: death toll rises to 900

Update from October 9th, 8:52 p.m.: After the major attack by the Islamist Hamas from the Gaza Strip, the number of deaths in Israel has risen to 900, according to media reports. According to the government press office, around 2,600 people were injured. In a completely destroyed kibbutz near the Gaza Strip with around 1,000 inhabitants, more than 100 bodies were recovered on Monday, the first day of the search, as the media reported, citing rescue workers. More deaths are feared there. According to the Ministry of Health there, at least 687 people were killed and more than 3,800 injured in Israeli air strikes in response to the major attack in the Gaza Strip.

War in Israel: President Herzog wants to “eliminate threats to our people”

Update from October 9th, 8/20: According to Israeli President Izchak Herzog, not since the Holocaust have as many Jews been killed in one day as in the Hamas terror attacks on Saturday. “Not since the Holocaust have we seen Jewish women and children, grandparents – even Holocaust survivors – being crammed into trucks and taken into captivity,” he said on Monday evening, according to his spokesman.

The Hamas supporters also tortured innocent Muslims and other believers. Entire families were murdered in cold blood. “We will act with full force and unwavering commitment to eliminate this threat to our people,” he said.

War in Israel: Hamas threatens retaliation for any air strike on Gaza Strip

Update from October 9th, 7:25 p.m.: Israel wants to continue its attacks on terrorist targets in the Gaza Strip even at the risk of injuring Israeli hostages. A senior government source said this Times of Israel. Israel will of course refrain from attacks if the country has intelligence information about the whereabouts of Israeli prisoners, the source made clear. As long as no information is available, Hamas targets will continue to be attacked.

Meanwhile, Abu Ubaidah, the spokesman for Hamas’ military wing, threatened that from now on the Islamist group would execute a hostage “for every Israeli air strike against civilians” in Gaza and publish the recordings of the execution. “Our enemy does not understand the language of humanity and morality, so we will speak the language they understand,” he said, according to Palestinian sources.

War in Israel: Army attacks targets in Lebanon

Update from October 9th, 6:23 p.m.: A Hezbollah member is said to have died in an Israeli attack in southern Lebanon. This is what the news agency reports Archyde.com. According to the Lebanese TV channel Al Jadeed Hezbollah threatened to respond to the shelling of the Aita al-Sha’b area near the border “according to the deterrence rules it imposed.” According to the Lebanese news site Naharnet Israel has currently resumed shelling the area.

Update from October 9th, 5:40 p.m: According to the news website Axios Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is said to have suggested in a telephone conversation with US President Joe Biden that Israel had no choice but to advance into the Gaza Strip with ground troops. “We have to get in there. “We cannot negotiate now,” he reportedly said, according to Israeli and US sources. Netanyahu has already spoken of a “long and difficult war” that his country faces. Neither the White House nor Netanyahu’s office would comment on the reports.

War in Israel: Attack from Lebanon apparently repelled on northern border

Update from October 9th, 4:33 p.m: According to Israeli media reports and army sources, the Israeli armed forces repelled an infiltration attempt by hostile individuals who tried to enter Israel via the northern border with Lebanon. Several armed men are said to have been killed by Israeli soldiers. “The troops continue to search the area,” the army command said. An attack helicopter is also said to have been in action and attacked targets within Lebanon.

Shortly before, the TV station affiliated with Hezbollah published Al-Manar according to the Times of Israel a video showing gunfire and multiple explosions near the southern Lebanese village of Dhayra. Two mortar shells were also said to have been fired from Lebanon into Israeli territory. A Hezbollah official told the news agency Archyde.comHezbollah was not involved in a cross-border attack on Israel.

Israel at war: Prime Minister Netanyahu announces tough counter-reaction – “We are only at the beginning”

Update from October 9th, 3:55 p.m: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has announced a tough counter-reaction in the fight against Hamas after at least 700 deaths and 2,400 injuries. “We will change the Middle East,” he told representatives of Israeli towns in the south of the country on Monday, according to a statement. “What Hamas will experience will be hard and terrible,” he continued, emphasizing: “We are only at the beginning.” Hamas is classified as a terrorist organization by the EU, the USA and Israel. According to the Ministry of Health there, more than 558 people were killed and more than 2,800 injured in Israeli air strikes in the Gaza Strip in response to the massive attack.

War in Israel: Military launches “full-scale attack” on Hamas centers in Gaza

Update from October 9th, 12:45 p.m.: The Israeli military says it has launched a “full-scale” attack on Hamas centers in the Gaza Strip. Both the Israel Defense Forces and the Israel Air Force announced the operation on social media. This comes as Hamas resumes its large-scale rocket attack on Israel from the Gaza Strip.

Update from October 9th, 12:20 p.m.: More rockets from the Gaza Strip hit Israel on Monday. The newspaper Haaretz speaks of hurting in Ashkelon and Ashdod. The victims are said to include a 75-year-old man. However, independent confirmation of this information is still pending.

War in Israel: Minister announces complete blockade of Gaza

Update from October 9th, 11:40 a.m.: Israel is showing increasingly harsh reactions in the fight against Hamas terrorists. After the attack on Israel, the country imposed a complete blockade of the Gaza Strip, according to Defense Minister Yoav Gallan. There will be no more electricity, no food, no more fuel, everything will be closed. He spoke of a fight against “bestial people”.

War in Israel: Army undertakes largest mobilization of reservists ever

Update from October 9th, 11:08 a.m.: Israel has undertaken Hamas’s largest mobilization following the Hamas attacks, an army spokesman said. In total, the country has mobilized around 300,000 reservists because of the war. The “Brothers in Arms” movement had already temporarily suspended its protest against the Netanyahu government on Saturday and called on all protesting reservists to report for duty immediately.

Israel is carrying out more air strikes in the war against Hamas in the Gaza Strip

Update from October 9th, 11:03 a.m.: The Israeli army says it is carrying out further air strikes in the Gaza Strip. According to the military, Hamas targets were being attacked Times of Israel with.

War in Israel: Army brings border towns to the Gaza Strip back under control

Update from October 9th, 11 a.m.: Until a few hours ago there was still heavy fighting in “seven to eight places” on the Israeli border with the Gaza Strip. The Israeli army now reports that the fighting there with Hamas has now ended. The army said the military had regained control in all locations. However, it is still possible that there are still armed Palestinians in the region.

Hamas attack on Israel: Ministry speaks of over 700 victims

Update from October 9th, 10:33 a.m.: The Israeli Ministry of Health has published new figures on the victims of the Hamas attack on Israel from the Gaza Strip. Accordingly, more than 2,300 injuries are reported, of which 345 are seriously injured, 22 are said to be in a critical condition. The ministry puts the number of deaths on the Israeli side at over 700.

War in Israel: According to Palestinian information, there are at least 493 deaths

Update from October 9th, 10:25 a.m.: The death toll from Israeli air strikes on the Gaza Strip has risen to at least 493, according to Palestinian sources. The Ministry of Health said 2,751 people were injured in the Palestinian area controlled by the extremist organization Hamas. The air strikes are a response to Hamas’ surprise major attack on Israel on Saturday.

War in Israel: United Nations school hit in airstrike in Gaza

Update from October 9th, 10:20 a.m.: Israeli airstrikes have hit a United Nations school in Gaza, according to the Palestinian Foreign Ministry. The school housed hundreds of civilians, including children and the elderly, according to the ministry, which called the attack “brutal.”

The UN confirmed the attack and said the school had been “severely damaged”. No one was killed, it said.

War in Israel: UN Ambassador confirms US hostages held by Hamas in Gaza

Update from October 9th, 9:47 a.m.: The war in Israel caused by the Hamas attack from the Gaza Strip has so far made more than a hundred people hostage. According to Israeli information, there are also numerous US citizens among them. This was also confirmed by UN Ambassador Gilad Erdan.

Erdan initially spoke on the TV show “Fox & Friends” about dozens of Americans who were now being held hostage in Gaza. According to host Will Cain, he later corrected himself and said fewer than a dozen. The USA announced on Sunday that it would relocate several fighter aircraft and warships, including the aircraft carrier “USS Ford”, to the eastern Mediterranean.

War in Israel: Ground offensive against Hamas in Gaza is expected to begin in the next 48 hours

Update from October 9th, 8:47 a.m.: The Washington Post Israeli ground troops are to be sent to the Gaza Strip within 48 hours in response to Hamas attacks on Israel. The aim should be to free the hostages who were kidnapped to Gaza. The Post cites US government sources. There has so far been no independent confirmation from the Israeli government.

Israel war: Israel retaliates

First report: Tel Aviv – On Saturday morning, the radical Islamic Hamas launched a surprise attack on Israel by land, air and sea. The counterattacks followed promptly, and the battles have now claimed almost a thousand lives. The Israeli security cabinet declared a state of war on Sunday. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced “mighty revenge for this evil day” and prepared the population for a “long and difficult war”. The suffering among the civilian population is immense and the death toll is growing. Apparently aid organizations recovered 250 bodies at a music festival alone.

The attackers’ actions were brutal: While the Palestinian organization fired thousands of rockets into Israel as part of its “Operation Al-Aqsa Flood”, Hamas fighters made their way on the ground and across the sea in speedboats and advanced into Israeli territory. The group’s members killed civilians and took more than a hundred people hostage. Apparently the Israeli secret services were not prepared for this, which is why they are now being criticized. The EU, USA and Israel classify Hamas as a terrorist organization.

According to government figures, at least 600 people have died on the Israeli side so far. Israeli media reported over 700 deaths, but the actual numbers are likely to be significantly higher. According to the spokeswoman for the volunteer organization ZAKA, 250 bodies were recovered from the music festival attacked by Hamas alone, reported Times of Israel. On the Palestinian side, there was talk of at least 370 deaths. The number of injured for both warring parties is over 2,000 each. The Israeli army says it wants to free the Israeli hostages and evacuate the entire Israeli border region within 24 hours.

War between Israel and Hamas: USA moves warships to the eastern Mediterranean

Tens of thousands of Israeli soldiers are deployed in southern Israel around the Gaza Strip, and Israel also carried out numerous air strikes against Gaza in response to the Hamas attacks. The USA has also already reacted: The major military power relocated the aircraft carrier “USS Gerald R. Ford”, the Air Force cruiser “USS Normandy” and four Arleigh Burke-class destroyers to the eastern Mediterranean, as the US Department of Defense announced on Sunday. Preparations have also been made to relocate Air Force squadrons with their fighter jets to the region, it said.

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin also announced that additional equipment and ammunition would be made available to the Israel Defense Forces. The first delivery will be set in motion on Sunday. Austin said the U.S. was emphasizing its support for the Israel Defense Forces and the Israeli people. Meanwhile, fighting and shelling in Israel continued on Sunday. The Israeli government announced that Hamas hideouts in the Gaza Strip would be reduced to “rubble.” (with agency material)

1696919184
#Hamas #experience #harsh #terrible

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.