Wiener Festwochen: Milo Rau takes over the management

Milo Rau takes over the management of the Wiener Festwochen and thus succeeds Christophe Slagmuylder following the coming edition. This was announced by City Councilor for Culture Veronica Kaup-Hasler on Friday.

The request to apply was “a surprise” for Milo Rau as well: It was a “great task to think regarding what can be done here in the last month and a half”, which might be “a possible vision”, he said at the presentation. He has known since Thursday that he will. “I want to do a big, mythical theater festival,” he said.

“In Vienna there is a canon that you can’t deal with your whole life. Everyone has an opinion. That’s the process that starts now: Who do you work with?” He wanted to bring “big things”, the first names he mentioned were Kirill Serebrennikov or Elfriede Jelinek. “It was my birthday the day before yesterday. I was immediately kindly given a thick Karl Kraus tome. As you can see, I have a lot to do before I can announce my program. I also got a Sacher cake.

Photo of author

Alexandra Hartman Editor-in-Chief

Editor-in-Chief Prize-winning journalist with over 20 years of international news experience. Alexandra leads the editorial team, ensuring every story meets the highest standards of accuracy and journalistic integrity.

“In the eye of the storm”: the lost photos of the Beatles that Paul McCartney took and recovered 60 years later

Kick-off of the third series of ÉTS conferences

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.