A Connecticut woman decided to sue the Chopt restaurant chain after discovering to her horror that she had just chewed a piece of human finger that fell into her salad, after the establishment’s manager cut herself.
It was last April that the American Allison Cozzi, from Greenwich, realized, while she was enjoying a meal, that she was “chewing part of a human finger which had been mixed with and made part of the salad,” the lawsuit reads, according to CBS News.
The latter was found by mistake in the customer’s salad after the manager of the establishment, located in Mount Kisco in the state of New York, cut her finger while preparing arugula, continued the American media .
Except that through the hullabaloo of sending it to the hospital, employees allegedly served the contaminated salad to customers by mistake, without realizing that a piece of a finger was among the greens.
But according to the lawsuit, the woman suffered shock, then suffered panic attacks, migraines, cognitive impairment, nausea, dizziness and neck and shoulder pain after consuming the finger in the salad. contaminated, she alleged.
At this time, the amount claimed for damages has not yet been determined, but the establishment had already had to pay a fine of US$900 to the Westchester County Health Department for the incident.
The Chopt Creative Salad Co. restaurant chain, which has 70 franchises in the eastern United States, would not be the only one to have misplaced a finger: in 2016, a pregnant woman reportedly found a piece of a bloody finger in her salad from an Applebee’s in California, according to CBS News.
Similar incidents were also repeated in Michigan in 2012, in a roast beef sandwich from Arby’s restaurant, in 2010 in Florida in the green salad of fried chicken at an IHOP, as well as in 2005, in a pint of ice cream from ‘a Kohl’s Frozen Custard store in North Carolina, listed the American media.
#bites #human #finger #salad #American #restaurant #chain #sued