Falling off the horse on the 4th and re-mounting the slag horse will go to the horse in February next year

front page

Standard Chartered Hong Kong MarathonStandard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon

Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon

The Hong Kong Athletics Federation, which hosts the “Scum Marathon”, announced yesterday that following several days of communication with relevant departments and with the full support of the government, it is actively planning to hold the 25th Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon on February 12 (Sunday) next year. The announcement will be made as soon as possible. Tournament schedule. Mr. Tian also pointed out that public health and safety has always been the primary consideration of the conference. He will strictly abide by and implement various epidemic prevention guidelines and measures, and continue to maintain close communication with relevant departments to prepare for the latest development of the epidemic, so that the public, runners and staff to participate in this sporting event in a healthy and safe condition.

Mr. Tian said last Friday (16th) that he had not yet received approval to hold the Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon. Since the original race date is only two months away, runners and stakeholders may not have enough time to prepare. Having no choice, it was decided to cancel the event on November 20 this year. Yang Runxiong, director of culture, sports and tourism, said that night that he was surprised by the news and would know regarding it with his colleagues. Yang Deqiang questioned the reason for the cancellation of the event announced by President Tian himself until the day before yesterday. He also revealed that at the request of President Tian, ​​he replied that Victoria Park had a schedule in February next year. President Tian later stated that he would not consider the postponement and directly cancelled the event. Mr. Tian did not immediately respond to Yang Deqiang’s question, but announced yesterday that he is actively planning to “run once more” in February next year.

Yang DeqiangYang Deqiang

Yang Deqiang

The number of participants tentatively capped at 25,000

Yesterday followingnoon, Yang Deqiang expressed his welcome to Mr. Tian’s new decision and pointed out that he will work closely with Mr. Tian to run the marathon well and leave a good experience for the runners. He said that in the past, the time and arrangement of the slag horse were proposed by Mr. Tian, ​​and the government cooperated. He also mentioned that Mr. Tian had already inquired regarding the schedule last Friday, but the time was more urgent on that day, so following the cancellation of the November schedule was announced, there was no There is an account of the next schedule. He also said that in the past few days, Mr. Tian has heard the opinions of many citizens, especially those who want to run the slag horse. After consideration, he quickly made a decision to hold the marathon on February 12.

As for the number of participants in next year’s marathon, Yang Deqiang pointed out that the number of participants is temporarily maintained at 25,000 people, and the epidemic prevention arrangements at the start will be further discussed. There are no specific measures at present; Mr. Tian said in early September that he had applied to the government to change the number of race places from last year. The number of 15,000 people increased to 25,000, but there was no reply at that time, so it was uncertain whether the event would be held.

Related Articles:  Hi Koora: Madrid Journalist José Felix Diaz Praises Saudi Arabia's Bid to Host 2034 World Cup
Standard Chartered Hong Kong MarathonStandard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon

Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon

Li Jiachao hopes to help organize the event as much as possible

The Chief Executive, Mr. Li Jiachao, said before Mr. Tian announced the new decision yesterday morning that he hoped that the Sports Commissioner and Mr. Tian would have space to arrange a new date. He also pointed out that the authorities hope to facilitate the holding of sports events and conference events as much as possible, create value for Hong Kong, and try their best to Bring activities that citizens want to have in Hong Kong. As for Mr. Tian’s announcement last week to “cancel the scumbags”, he said he was disappointed that Mr. Tian decided to cancel the November 20 race without waiting for the government’s final reply last week.

Cheng Yongshun, a member of the Legislative Council of the Democratic Alliance for the Betterment of Hong Kong, also welcomed Mr. Tian’s decision and hoped that the authorities will continue to actively assist the organizers and the industry to formulate better arrangements for the details of the event and epidemic prevention, and do their best to allow the scumbag to be held in February next year. He also urged the authorities to formulate arrangements and guidelines for the resumption of large-scale events and major events, relax the entry quarantine policy as soon as possible, strengthen external commentary work, allow more overseas players to participate in Hong Kong, and strive for more large-scale international events to be held in Hong Kong.

Originally published on AM730 https://www.am730.com.hk/local/Lose the horse and start the horse once more on the 4th – the scum horse will go to the horse in February next year/339321?utm_source=yahoorss&utm_medium=referral

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.