Minneapolis/St. Paul – The Minnesota Timberwolves today announced their 35th anniversary season and unveiled their Classic Edition uniforms, court and 35th season logo design. All will be featured throughout the 2023-24 season. The new uniforms will debut on Nov. 8 when the Wolves face the New Orleans Pelicans at Target Center, the anniversary of the Timberwolves 1989 Home Opener.
• The Color Scheme: A crisp white hue is accented by striped hints of Old Shep green and Old Shep blue on the neck and arm trim, waistband and bottom hem of the shorts
• The Wordmark: Team name is featured on the front of the uniform in the original 1989-1996 font
• The Logo: The original logo, featuring the beloved Old Shep, is prominently featured on the sides of the shorts
• The Swoosh: Nike’s early ‘90s-era logo is embroidered on the left shoulder for a classic look
• NBA Hardwood Classics Logo: The NBA logo is dressed in gold to signify the Hardwood Classics line
• The Aura Patch: The Timberwolves are proud to feature Aura as our jersey patch partner
“We’re taking it back to ‘89 as we go old school cool in celebration of 35 years of Timberwolves basketball,” said Timberwolves and Lynx Chief Marketing Officer Mike Grahl. “We’re excited for fans to experience the blend of our past with our present, as we build toward the future together.”
The uniform will be worn for a total of 21 games, 11 at home and 10 on the road. Home games include the Nov. 8 matchup and continue with Dec. 16 vs. Indiana, Dec. 30 vs. the Los Angeles Lakers, Jan. 3 vs. New Orleans, Jan. 18 vs. Memphis, Feb. 23 vs. Milwaukee, Feb. 24 vs. Brooklyn, March 3 vs. the LA Clippers, March 19 vs. Denver, March 31 vs. Chicago, and April 14 vs. Phoenix, which is also Fan Appreciation Night presented by Star Tribune.
Road games include Nov. 12 at Golden State, Nov. 15 at Phoenix, Nov. 18 at New Orleans, Dec. 2 at Charlotte, Dec. 18 at Miami, Dec. 20 at Philadelphia, Jan. 25 at Brooklyn, Jan. 27 at San Antonio, Jan. 29 at Oklahoma City, Feb. 8 at Milwaukee, Feb. 12 at the LA Clippers, March 7 at Indiana, March 12 at the LA Clippers, and March 29 at Denver.
The team also unveiled its 35th anniversary season court that will feature original Timberwolves and Target Center logo of the era along with the 35th anniversary logo, which will be incorporated into creative elements and merchandise throughout the season.
The Timberwolves 2023-24 Classic Edition Swingman jersey will be available in the coming weeks. Fans can sign up to be notified when the jersey is available at timberwolves.com/classic. Fans can also purchase the Classic Edition collection, available now for purchase at shop.timberwolves.com and at the Timberwolves Team Store in Target Center. Additional Classic Edition retail items will be available in the coming months.
Along with the Classic Edition uniform, court, and merchandise, throwback theme nights will incorporate classic visuals such as scoreboard graphics, social media themes, advertisements, interactive games and activities at Target Center, and other aesthetics associated with the 1989-96 era.
Additionally, the Target Center atrium will feature a Classic Edition mural from local visual artist, Reggie LeFlore.
#Timberwolves #unveil #uniform