Normally, with the passing of the years, people tend to gain weight and the aging process becomes more latent, due to the molecular damage that occurs in the body. To control weight and reduce the signs of premature aging, it is essential to have an adequate diet, a good exercise routine and good lifestyle habits.
According to the National Library of Medicine, Medline Plus, The body is made up of fat, lean tissue, bone, and water, but after the age of 30, as a natural process, people tend to lose some muscle, but the amount of body fat increases steadily. In fact, these physical changes can affect the balance of the body, increasing the risk of falls.
To maintain a healthy weight and reduce the risk of premature aging, it is also essential to turn to traditional medicine that offers multiple homemade alternatives that help regulate these health problems. For this reason, the web portal The Provinces, points out that rose tea is a natural and healthy drink that should be taken before going to sleep to burn more calories and slow down aging.
It is worth mentioning that among the composition of rose petals are essential nutrients for health such as vitamin C, A, D and E, fatty acids and antioxidant flavonoids. Likewise, rose tea is characterized mainly by having diuretic properties that reduce fluid retention and helps to quickly purify toxins from the body. It also contributes to metabolic stabilization, which helps maintain a healthy weight and under control.
On the other hand, this infusion has antioxidant compounds such as catechins and polyphenols that protect the skin from free radicals and eliminate cancer cells. In turn, it provides healthy, youthful skin and reduces the risk of premature aging.
How to prepare rose tea?
- 5 or 6 rose petals (easy to find in any herbalist)
- Honey or cinnamon to sweeten.
Preparation: Initially, the rose petals should be washed well to remove possible toxins or pesticides. Then fill a container with water and add the petals. Let the mixture boil between 5 and 10 minutes and then let it rest. Finally, sweeten the drink with cinnamon or honey if necessary.
Other benefits of rose tea
- Improves digestion: This drink has also been used since ancient times as a home remedy to improve digestion and combat constipation, since it acts as a natural laxative.
- sedative effect: Rose tea has a powerful sedative effect, which helps fight insomnia and helps you rest better. As it does not contain any other stimulant, it makes it ideal to be consumed at night.
- Protects the immune system: Thanks to its high vitamin C content, rose tea is a great ally for the system immune system, thus increasing the defenses for the body to function properly.
Care to maintain a healthy weight
- Healthy diet: counting calories and carbohydrates is not sustainable. Therefore, choosing healthy and common sense options is. With this, it is important to comply with a diet of small portions, with many vegetables and avoid processed foods.
- Do exercise: It is important to do any physical activity to improve health. Experts advise taking a light walk in the morning or practicing relaxation techniques such as yoga.
- Get enough sleep: Typically, chronic sleep loss can contribute to health problems such as weight gain and high blood pressure. Thus, It is important to sleep between seven and eight hours so that the body can recover energy.