Military aid: EU “deeply regrets US decision”
After the provisional American financing agreement excluding new aid to Ukraine, the European Union said it was “surprised”, through its head of diplomacy, Josep Borrell. He said he “deeply regrets the United States’ decision.” “I hope that this decision will not be final and that Ukraine will continue to benefit from the support of the United States,” he added.
US support for Ukraine ‘will continue’
The day after the adoption by the American Congress of its provisional financing bill which omits aid to Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelensky assured in his daily speech that “no one will succeed in “extinguishing” our resilience, our endurance and our courage”, not directly addressing the American vote. Roustem Oumerov, the Ukrainian Minister of Defense, declared for his part that he had been reassured about the continuation of military aid during a telephone call with the American Secretary of Defense, Lloyd Austin. US support for Ukraine “will continue” and “Ukrainian warriors will continue to enjoy strong support on the battlefield,” he said on X (formerly Twitter).
Thank you @SecDef for support. Had a phone conversation today with my US colleague to discuss further military assistance from US.
Secretary Austin assured me that 🇺🇸 support to 🇺🇦 will continue.
🇺🇦 warriors will continue to have a strong back-up on the battlefield. pic.twitter.com/kLdmwWEYUd
— Rustem Umerov (@rustem_umerov) October 1, 2023
#Ukraine #claims #received #guarantees #continued #American #aid