Which is the best option? 2024-04-16 16:40:34

Cubans, in the midst of increasingly difficult circumstances, continue to look for ways to emigrate from the country.

Recently, there has been a debate among members of one of the groups of Cubans in Spain about which visa is better to arrive to the Iberian country: whether the visa for study or work.

A doctor in Cuba expressed her interest in seeking a work visa, even if it is not in the health field. She received several pieces of advice, such as writing a letter along with her resume and looking for the address of the city councils of each province, and even health areas, both public and private.

However, some members of the group suggested that it is better to seek a study visa, since there is the possibility of obtaining a scholarship for a master’s degree, which would grant the visa. In addition, study visas allow you to work part-time while completing the master’s degree.

But not all is so easy. Some warned of the challenges of obtaining a work visa, as the Spanish consulate has denied many visas citing “disguised family reunification and document fraud.”

Study or work visa for Spain: Consulate in Havana

According to information from the Spanish Consulate in Havana, third-country nationals need a national visa when they plan to stay in Spain for more than 90 days (in any period of 180 days) in order to work, study or establish residence. .

They also need a national visa when traveling to work for a period of less than 90 days.

As for the study visa, proof of the availability of financial means is required. The applicant (or his legal representative or family member who supports him) must demonstrate that he has sufficient financial means to cover the expenses of the stay and return of the student and the family members accompanying him.

With respect to work visait is essential to have an employment contract stamped by the Foreigners’ Office and a medical certificate proving that the applicant does not suffer from diseases that may have serious repercussions for public health in accordance with the International Health Regulations of 2005.

As you can see, the choice between a study visa and a work visa to emigrate to Spain depends on the individual circumstances of each Cuban. It is important to do your research and consider all options before making a decision.

Consult all the official information in the page of the Consulate General of Spain in Cuba.


Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.