Warning of thunderstorms as a precaution and warning of directions and measures to be taken With the approaching summer season in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the General Directorate of Civil Defense called on citizens to exercise caution and caution due to the expectation of thunderstorms during the coming period. The areas affected by the expected thunderstorms include most parts of the Kingdom from today until next Tuesday.
Areas exposed to thunderstorms
Among the areas expected to be affected by moderate to heavy rains, Makkah Al-Mukarramah stands out as one of the main areas that may witness these severe weather fluctuations. It is expected that this rain will cause torrential rains and hail, and will be accompanied by active winds that may raise dust and dust.
In addition, the regions of Asir, Al-Baha, Jazan, Tabuk, Al-Jawf and the northern borders will be affected by the thunderstorm rains. Accordingly, the General Directorate of Civil Defense warns citizens in these areas to take caution.
Civil Defense warning
For its part, the General Directorate of Civil Defense warns citizens of water bodies and valleys and advises them not to swim in those areas. The Directorate stresses the need to adhere to the instructions announced through the media and social networking sites. It advises everyone to stay in safe places during thunderstorms.
- In the event of a thunderstorm, here are some precautions to take to be safe:
- Avoid being in open areas and near tall trees and electricity towers.
- Avoid swimming in valleys and bodies of water, as flash floods can form quickly.
- Make sure to keep children in safe places and monitor them continuously.
- Avoid walking or driving in flooded areas, and use alternate routes if necessary.
- Be careful on highways and roads with steep gradients, as puddles can form that can cause vehicles to skid.
- Check your septic system and make sure it is working properly to avoid pooling of water in areas around the house.
- Make sure you know the safe places in the house and the ways to escape in case of an emergency.
By adhering to these directives and taking appropriate precautions, we can reduce potential risks related to thunderstorms and keep ourselves and our loved ones safe.
So, do not underestimate the warnings and recommendations of the General Directorate of Civil Defense, and be sure to share this important information with your family and friends, so that everyone can prepare well for the upcoming weather conditions.
#Civil #Defense #Authority #issues #urgent #warning #residents #cities #period #days #due #thunderstorms