The Traffic Department began a total closure of some bridges and houses (May 15, Ahmed Orabi) starting from 12 am today, Tuesday, for a period of two months, as part of the construction work of the new 26th of July axis, amid the spread of traffic services to follow the movement of cars.
And a security source revealed that, in the framework of implementing the construction works of the new 26th of July axis, which includes projects (the new Ahmed Orabi axis, the expansion of the 15th of May Bridge), the company executing the works will remove the ramps of some of the ramps and the houses of my bridges (15 May, Ahmed Orabi).
This is as follows:
The house of the May 15 Bridge (the first) for those coming from the areas of Cairo Governorate towards the 26th of July Street, “the areas of the veterans.” .
– Beginning of May 15 Bridge (second) coming from 26th of July Street and Sphinx Square towards the areas of Cairo Governorate and Zamalek.
– Beginning of Ahmed Orabi Bridge coming from Airport Street in the direction of Ahmed Orabi Street and Sphinx Square.
The source added, that the matter requires a complete closure of traffic in the direction of the aforementioned reading and houses, starting from 12 am today, Tuesday, corresponding to 27/9/2022 AD, and for a period of two months ending on Saturday, corresponding to 26/11/2022 AD, provided that the work is 24 hours a day..
The source added that the General Directorate of Giza Traffic conducted several alternative axes and the following transfers:
– The movement of vehicles coming from the top of the 15th of May Bridge from Cairo areas and wishing to descend towards Sphinx Square, take the second house that leads to 26th of July Street and Sphinx Square.
– The movement of vehicles coming from 26th of July Street and Sphinx Square and wishing to go up the 15th of May Bridge towards the areas of Cairo – Zamalek take the (first) exit of the 15th of May Bridge located in Sphinx Square towards the areas of Cairo Governorate and the Zamalek area.
– The movement of vehicles coming from Airport Street and Al-Barajeel areas and wishing to walk in the direction of Ahmed Orabi Street and Sphinx Square, continue on Airport Street under Ahmed Orabi Bridge in the direction of Imbaba areas all the way to Al-Amal City Street, then walk left from Al-Amal City Street in the direction of Ahmed Orabi Corridor and Safari Park Square, then Turn around and return from Safari Park Square towards the beginning of Ahmed Orabi Bridge, all the way to Ahmed Orabi Street and Sphinx Square.