A 79-year-old man has been dismantling old books in the house, inhaling mold into his lungs.

Manu has warned that a 79-year-old man ripped through old books in his home has a lung infection with an invasive Aspergillus fungus.

Today (13 Oct. 65) Dr. Manoon Leechawengwong, a specialist in respiratory diseases Wichaiyut Hospital Post a message via Facebook, Dr. Manoon Leechawengwong FC said that the danger is near when dismantling old books in the house. Be careful of lung fungi By stating that…

A 79-year-old male patient is preparing to move to Bang Khae. BMA went to live in a condo. 2 people in the house to dismantle old books that have been collected for more than 20 years. The book paper turns brown. to throw away and keep only some The patient sat in the study room for two hours while dismantling the book. without wearing a mask

Dr Manoon said a three-month patient with chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy (CIDP), limb numbness and weakness, is being treated with high-dose steroids. and cellcept. Physical examination, fever, temperature 38.1 degrees Celsius, normal lung auscultation. Abnormal lung X-rays, computed tomography of the lungs, small cavities in the lung area with multiple white patches in both lungs

When the endoscope looks into the lungs Found a little white sputum. Send sputum sucked from the windpipe for examination. Dye found late fungi, no tuberculosis, aspergillus fumigatus and another aspergillus spp, unknown species. Lung lavage to measure bronchial aspergillus galactomannan, positive, confirmed aspergillus fungal infection.

summarize :

The patient was immunocompromised from taking steroids and immunosuppressants; aspergillus infection was caused by inhalation of aspergillus spores that grow in the moist pulp of old books floating in weather As the book is torn down, it enters the lungs, causing aspergillosis. invasive pulmonary aspergillosis

Read more:  People's Artist Doan Hoang Giang passed away

Method of treatment:

Give fungicide treatment. Types of Voriconazole (voriconazole) The patient got better, the person who helped move the book, no one got sick, even inhaling the fungal spores. because of good health have good immunity

Suggestion: ask the weak have a congenital disease low immunity Wear a hygienic mask when dismantling old books in the house, or the best way to do it. Avoid being in a room where books are being demolished. Because it may breathe fungal spores into the lungs. can cause fungal infections in the lungs

More information

aspergillosis (Aspergillosis) is a disease caused by infection with Aspergillus. Aspergillus causes most people infected to develop symptoms related to the respiratory system. The severity of each person may vary. Some people may just have an allergic reaction. Some people may have a lung infection.

The spores of Aspergillus fumigatus, late fungi are most common in the environment and in the air. When inhaled, the spores grow in the lungs of people with low immunity. cause pneumonia respiratory failure

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.